4 questions for my app

Saravana-3
I need to do a erlang chat application to show the performance

Basically I should know the basic things to do

1.What are the tools to use?

2.What are the modules i need to have?

3.How many days i have to take?

4.Finally How should it contailn?

I am having these questions in my mind steadily,but as well as i
should know the answers soon to start my contribution can you help me??

Re: 4 questions for my app

David Lloyd-3

Can you lean upon the work of giants, for exampe, Facebook? Search for
"Erlang Facebook" for a presentation by Eugene Letuchy.

DSL

Re: 4 questions for my app

Angel Alvarez
On Miércoles, 3 de Marzo de 2010 06:12:58 NavTux escribió:

> I need to do a erlang chat application to show the performance
>
> Basically I should know the basic things to do
>
> 1.What are the tools to use?
>
> 2.What are the modules i need to have?
>
> 3.How many days i have to take?
>
> 4.Finally How should it contailn?
>

> I am having these questions in my mind steadily,but as well as i
> should know the answers soon to start my contribution can you help me??

Just search the pargmatic programmers web site, there are a serie of webcasts
on making a chat applicantion, i cant remeber the link but googlw is your
friend ;-)

/Angel

Most people know C is not so high level....
                ...Everybody else just got assembler overdose

Re: 4 questions for my app

Saravana-3
ya fine,Is any frame work available to create a chat application, you
had a way to do in your experience,I am expecting  the way or the
guidelines from you to start the application.

Re: Re: 4 questions for my app

黃耀賢 (Yau-Hsien Huang)
A chat application made by Erlang programs, huh? I know EJabber that is an
Erlang implementation of Jabber protocol. Reading its code may be as a
start.

On Thu, Mar 4, 2010 at 5:54 PM, NavaTux <[hidden email]> wrote:

> ya fine,Is any frame work available to create a chat application, you
> had a way to do in your experience,I am expecting  the way or the
> guidelines from you to start the application.

Re: 4 questions for my app

Steve Davis

Perhaps your best bet would be to start with the "walk-through"
example implementation of IRC in Joe's book, (it's in chapter 11).

http://www.pragprog.com/titles/jaerlang/programming-erlang

Regards,
Steve