+A recommendations

Max Lapshin-2

we in Flussonic work with disks a lot:  record video and stream video files from disks.

During a long time we had  +A 100 default setting to allow making a lot of simultaneous requests to disk.

This setting is ok if one wants to stream about 10 Gbit/s from local HDDs and SSDs to network and ok for 20 HDD.

But on small amount of disks (1-2) this is bad, because regular sysadmin is frightened when he see LA 80.

There is no way to dynamically change +A pool size from erlang code, so it must be done from launching shell script.

I think that it may be a good idea to find list of block devices and take  5*Count.  Is it ok?

What experience do other people have here?