A slight correction

Lloyd R. Prentice-2
During a recent long thread the name “cowboy” was brought up in the context of “cowboys kill Apaches.”

While no doubt a few cowboys did kill Apaches and vice versa, conquest of the Apache tribes was by far the systematic work of the United States Army aided in some cases by scouts and warriors from other tribes.

It’s a fascinating history resonant of various current events around the world:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apache_Wars

Best wishes,

LRP

Sent from my iPad

Re: A slight correction

Tristan Sloughter-4
Yup! I thought about bringing this up as well, thanks for sending this Lloyd :)

An interesting article on the class struggle and role of the state in the wild west:

https://www.jacobinmag.com/2016/08/cowboys-wild-west-manifest-destiny-expansion/

--
  Tristan Sloughter
  "I am not a crackpot" - Abe Simpson

Re: A slight correction

Max Lapshin-2
Wat?  Change the name of cowboy web server?

Re: A slight correction

Roman Galeev
Guys, could you please just drop it?

On Mon, Feb 26, 2018 at 8:57 AM, Max Lapshin <[hidden email]> wrote:
Wat?  Change the name of cowboy web server?

With best regards,
     Roman Galeev,
     +420 702 817 968

Re: A slight correction

PAILLEAU Eric
American natives was mostly killed by diseases brought from Europe.

Survivors are living in reservations. Reserves... This probably mean that USA and Canada states will need them in futur... ;-)

Le 26 févr. 2018 8:57 AM, Max Lapshin <[hidden email]> a écrit :
Wat?  Change the name of cowboy web server?

Re: A slight correction

Lloyd R. Prentice-2
Hi Max,

I’m quite happy with the name “cowboy” for our beloved Erlang web server— see no disrespectful connotations and have no interest in seeing it changed.

Indeed, a tip of my Stetson to Loïc for his valuable work and his delightful connotatively rich naming scheme.

The point of my post was to clarify a popular misconception— nothing to do with programming package nomenclature.

Best wishes,

Lloyd

Sent from my iPad