[ANN] Backwater: an RPC framework for Erlang and Elixir

[ANN] Backwater: an RPC framework for Erlang and Elixir

Guilherme Andrade
Hi list,

I'm pleased to announce the release of backwater 1.0.0.

Backwater aims to make execution of calls to modules/functions on individual remote machines as close to local calls as they can get, with little to no boilerplate code. The remote calls are executed over HTTP(S) and don't depend on the Erlang distribution protocol nor on both ends being clustered.

Backwater is built on top of cowboy and hackney. Goodies include generation of Erlang client code when using rebar3 (a homologous Elixir compiler task for Mix is still brewing.)

Hoping it can be of use to someone.

Guilherme

Re: [ANN] Backwater: an RPC framework for Erlang and Elixir

Benoit Chesneau-2
You forgot the link :)

- benoƮt

> On 23 Sep 2017, at 22:10, Guilherme Andrade <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi list,
>
> I'm pleased to announce the release of backwater 1.0.0.
>
> Backwater aims to make execution of calls to modules/functions on individual remote machines as close to local calls as they can get, with little to no boilerplate code. The remote calls are executed over HTTP(S) and don't depend on the Erlang distribution protocol nor on both ends being clustered.
>
> Backwater is built on top of cowboy and hackney. Goodies include generation of Erlang client code when using rebar3 (a homologous Elixir compiler task for Mix is still brewing.)
>
> Hoping it can be of use to someone.
>
> Cheers,
>
> --
> Guilherme

Re: [ANN] Backwater: an RPC framework for Erlang and Elixir

Guilherme Andrade
My last message missed a rather critical piece of information[1].

[1]: Github: https://github.com/g-andrade/backwater