[ANN] Batiscaph seeing tool v0.1.1: visualization of the processes on the map

[ANN] Batiscaph seeing tool v0.1.1: visualization of the processes on the map

Vladimir Gordeev
Hello everyone!

I was working on seeing tool for Erlang for some time.
The purpose of this tool is to visualize what's happening on your Erlang node, help to understand your code.

Observer included in erlang distribution shows you current state of the system.
The tool I'm working on persists changes and show how things changed over time.

The idea is to build a map where you can navigate around your processes and ports, just like you do it in Google Maps. Visualize trace events, logs and other information.

It's still in the early stage and not that useful for production yet.
I thought that I should share what I've already got anyway.

I've recorded demo video explaining how it's used: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VNr7o9eg4Ck

There you can find an instruction how to play with it locally.

Would love to hear your feedback, thoughts, comments.

=?UTF-8?B?0KHQvdC40LzQvtC6INGN0LrRgNCw0L3QsCDQvtGCIDIwMTgtMDUtMjYgMTEtMzUtMTUucG5n?= (55K) Download Attachment

Fwd: [ANN] Batiscaph seeing tool v0.1.1: visualization of the processes on the map

Vladimir Gordeev

On Tue, May 29, 2018 at 10:02 PM, Olivier Girondel <[hidden email]> wrote:

Amazing work ! Will definitely try it even if it's not ready for production

Hope your project will grow !

Thanks!

On Tue, May 29, 2018 at 10:09 PM, Olivier Girondel <[hidden email]> wrote:

Is the typo in the name on purpose ?

The diving tool is bathyscaph

Yeah, that was on purpose. Makes it easier to google it later.