[ANN] Chicago Erlang Conference - Sept 22 - aka "Best Lineup Ever"

[ANN] Chicago Erlang Conference - Sept 22 - aka "Best Lineup Ever"

Garrett Smith-5
For a single day, September 22, Chicago will become the center of know
Erlang universe:

http://www.chicagoerlang.com

This is a single track conference organized by the Chicago Erlang User
Group and Erlang Solutions that is focusing on "Real World Erlang".
The talks are very technical and practical:

- Joe Armstrong: Modeling the World with Processes, Objects, Functions
or Relations

- Francesco Cesarini: Thinking in a Concurrent Language

- Steve Vinoski: Optimizing Native Code for Erlang

- Fred Hebert: Keeping a System Running Forever

- Irina Guberman: Maximizing Throughput On Multicore Systems

- Reid Draper: Building Fault Tolerant Teams At Basho

- Brian Troutwine: Monitoring Complex Systems

- Jesse Gumm: Building Web Scale Apps with Nitrogen

- Garrett Smith: Writing Quality Code in Erlang

Zach Kessin will be hosting the Mostly Erlang podcast live at the after party.

Even if you're not in Chicago, really, this is worth a trip. If you
are in Chicago, you are simple required to go. It's a requirement.

Seriously, come to this conference.

Garrett

Re: [ANN] Chicago Erlang Conference - Sept 22 - aka "Best Lineup Ever"

Garrett Smith-5
We will likely have video recordings as we did last year. That's the plan.

However, if you live around Chicago or within easy flight access
(O'Hare is generally a cheaper ticket), we'll be blocking your IP
range for the videos, thereby forcing you to come. [1]

Garrett

[1] We won't do this.

On Wed, Aug 20, 2014 at 8:52 AM, Federico Carrone
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> I am too far away (Buenos Aires) to go. It would be AWESOME if somebody
> could record the talks.
>
> Regards,
> Federico.
>

> On Tue, Aug 19, 2014 at 6:33 PM, Garrett Smith <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> For a single day, September 22, Chicago will become the center of know
>> Erlang universe:
>>
>> http://www.chicagoerlang.com
>>
>> This is a single track conference organized by the Chicago Erlang User
>> Group and Erlang Solutions that is focusing on "Real World Erlang".
>> The talks are very technical and practical:
>>
>> - Joe Armstrong: Modeling the World with Processes, Objects, Functions
>> or Relations
>>
>> - Francesco Cesarini: Thinking in a Concurrent Language
>>
>> - Steve Vinoski: Optimizing Native Code for Erlang
>>
>> - Fred Hebert: Keeping a System Running Forever
>>
>> - Irina Guberman: Maximizing Throughput On Multicore Systems
>>
>> - Reid Draper: Building Fault Tolerant Teams At Basho
>>
>> - Brian Troutwine: Monitoring Complex Systems
>>
>> - Jesse Gumm: Building Web Scale Apps with Nitrogen
>>
>> - Garrett Smith: Writing Quality Code in Erlang
>>
>> Zach Kessin will be hosting the Mostly Erlang podcast live at the after
>> party.
>>
>> Even if you're not in Chicago, really, this is worth a trip. If you
>> are in Chicago, you are simple required to go. It's a requirement.
>>
>> Seriously, come to this conference.
>>
>> Garrett

> http://federicocarrone.com/

Re: [ANN] Chicago Erlang Conference - Sept 22 - aka "Best Lineup Ever"

Zachary Kessin-2
Hey, I am flying in For Israel for this!  (OK, I was already going to be in the USA)

--Zach

[hidden email] wrote:
[...]

Mostly Erlang Podcast
Skype: zachkessin
Twitter: @zkessin

Re: [ANN] Chicago Erlang Conference - Sept 22 - aka "Best Lineup Ever"

DAO CUONG-2
Couldnt apply ceug2014

code for early bird ticket now, anyone have any ideas?