[ANN] Erlang/OTP 17.5 has been released

Kenneth Lundin
Erlang/OTP 17.5 has been released.

Erlang/OTP 17.5 is a service release on the 17 track with mostly bug fixes, but is does contain a number of new features and characteristics improvements as well.

Some highlights of the release are:
  • ERTS: Added command line argument option for setting the initial size of process dictionaries.
  • Diameter: configurable incoming_max len and string_decode for diameter messages
  • Bugfixes and minor small features in applications such as compiler, common_test, crypto, debugger, eldap, erts, hipe, inets, ssh, ssl, ...
  • 43 contributions from 32 different contributors
For more details see the README file at http://www.erlang.org/download/otp_src_17.5.readme

You can download the full source distribution from http://www.erlang.org/download/otp_src_17.5.tar.gz

Note: To unpack the TAR archive you need a GNU TAR compatible program. For installation instructions please read the README that is part of the distribution.

You can also find this release at the official Erlang/OTP Git-repository at Github here: https://github.com/erlang/otp tagged "OTP-17.5"

The Windows binary distribution can be downloaded from

http://www.erlang.org/download/otp_win32_17.5.exe

http://www.erlang.org/download/otp_win64_17.5.exe

You can also download the complete HTML documentation or the Unix manual files

http://www.erlang.org/download/otp_doc_html_17.5.tar.gz
http://www.erlang.org/download/otp_doc_man_17.5.tar.gz

We also want to thank those that sent us patches, suggestions and bug reports.

The Erlang/OTP Team at Ericsson

Re: [erlang-questions] [ANN] Erlang/OTP 17.5 has been released

Garret Smith-2
I reported this a few days back:
http://erlang.org/pipermail/erlang-bugs/2015-April/004881.html
This patch has been working for me: