Quantcast

ANN: OpenTracing Toolkit for ERlang

Chandru-4
We are pleased to announce support for OpenTracing in Erlang and Elixir by the open source release of a library 'otter' (OpenTracing Toolkit for Erlang) under the Apache-2.0 license. This work has been in progress for the past few months and we are thrilled to announce this as part of the "CloudNativeCon + KubeCon Europe" event in Berlin today. OpenTracing is gaining a lot of traction as a distributed tracing framework in a cloud environment. This library will enable Erlang/Elixir based systems to play nicely within a heterogeneous computing environment which is typical of most cloud based deployments these days.

The development of 'otter' was championed by Holger Winkelmann of Travelping. Travelping and bet365 kindly provided sponsorship for the initial development.

Code is available at https://github.com/Bluehouse-Technology/otter

OpenTracing : http://opentracing.io
Travelping:
http://www.travelping.com/
bet365: https://www.bet365.com/
Bluehouse Technology: https://www.bluehouse-technology.co.uk

It is our intention to actively maintain this library and use it in our own products. Requests for features and pull requests are most welcome!

Regards,
Chandru