[ANN] PGPool 1.1.0 - now with batch and cached queries

Previous Topic Next Topic
 
classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
6 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

[ANN] PGPool 1.1.0 - now with batch and cached queries

Roberto Ostinelli
Dear All,
PGPool 1.1.0 has been released.

For those of you who don't know what PGPool is: PGPool is a PosgreSQL client that automatically uses connection pools and handles reconnections in case of errors.

Main additions:
  • A batch/2 function that allows to run queries in a batch.
  • PGPool now automatically prepares your queries and caches them, This has a considerable performance impact.
You can find PGPool here:

Best,
r.

_______________________________________________
erlang-questions mailing list
[hidden email]
http://erlang.org/mailman/listinfo/erlang-questions
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [ANN] PGPool 1.1.0 - now with batch and cached queries

Andrew Berman
Awesome stuff, Roberto!  I'm going to start using this.

One thing, though, you may want to consider renaming the library to avoid confusion with pgpool (http://www.pgpool.net/mediawiki/index.php/Documentation), which has been around for a very long time.

Thanks for your hard work on this!

A

On Sun, May 8, 2016 at 11:14 AM Roberto Ostinelli <[hidden email]> wrote:
Dear All,
PGPool 1.1.0 has been released.

For those of you who don't know what PGPool is: PGPool is a PosgreSQL client that automatically uses connection pools and handles reconnections in case of errors.

Main additions:
  • A batch/2 function that allows to run queries in a batch.
  • PGPool now automatically prepares your queries and caches them, This has a considerable performance impact.
You can find PGPool here:

Best,
r.
_______________________________________________
erlang-questions mailing list
[hidden email]
http://erlang.org/mailman/listinfo/erlang-questions

_______________________________________________
erlang-questions mailing list
[hidden email]
http://erlang.org/mailman/listinfo/erlang-questions
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [ANN] PGPool 1.1.0 - now with batch and cached queries

Roberto Ostinelli-3
Thank you Andrew.

you may want to consider renaming the library to avoid confusion with pgpool (http://www.pgpool.net/mediawiki/index.php/Documentation)

You might be right. Sounds like quite a hassle though, especially for anyone already using it. Does this bother anyone else?

_______________________________________________
erlang-questions mailing list
[hidden email]
http://erlang.org/mailman/listinfo/erlang-questions
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [ANN] PGPool 1.1.0 - now with batch and cached queries

Tristan Sloughter-4
In reply to this post by Roberto Ostinelli
Looks great, but you'll need to update the hex package because it is missing dependencies: https://hex.pm/packages/pgpool
 
A hex package only allows for hex dependencies. Otherwise rebar3/mix/etc can't properly resolve the dependencies to install.
 
Looks like this is the case for a few projects,https://hex.pm/packages/epgpool. I'll start opening issues for them as I find them.
 
--
Tristan Sloughter
 
 
 
On Sun, May 8, 2016, at 01:14 PM, Roberto Ostinelli wrote:
Dear All,
PGPool 1.1.0 has been released.
 
For those of you who don't know what PGPool is: PGPool is a PosgreSQL client that automatically uses connection pools and handles reconnections in case of errors.
 
Main additions:
  • A batch/2 function that allows to run queries in a batch.
  • PGPool now automatically prepares your queries and caches them, This has a considerable performance impact.
You can find PGPool here:
 
Best,
r.
_______________________________________________
erlang-questions mailing list
 

_______________________________________________
erlang-questions mailing list
[hidden email]
http://erlang.org/mailman/listinfo/erlang-questions
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [ANN] PGPool 1.1.0 - now with batch and cached queries

Roberto Ostinelli
On Sun, May 8, 2016 at 9:22 PM, Tristan Sloughter <[hidden email]> wrote:
Looks great, but you'll need to update the hex package because it is missing dependencies: https://hex.pm/packages/pgpool
 
A hex package only allows for hex dependencies. Otherwise rebar3/mix/etc can't properly resolve the dependencies to install.

Hey Tristan,
Still relatively unfamiliar with hex packages, as you can see.

Does this mean that the rebar.config file should be something like this instead?

{deps, [
    {epgsql, "3.2.0"},
    {poolboy, "1.5.1"}
]}.

If so, where can I find the docs to ensure compatibility with rebar too?

_______________________________________________
erlang-questions mailing list
[hidden email]
http://erlang.org/mailman/listinfo/erlang-questions
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [ANN] PGPool 1.1.0 - now with batch and cached queries

Tristan Sloughter-4
Tell anyone on rebar2 to upgrade, hehe. Na, you can do it with rebar.config.script,http://www.rebar3.org/docs/from-rebar-2x-to-rebar3#section-maintaining-backwards-compatibility-while-using-hex-packages
 
--
Tristan Sloughter
 
 
 
On Sun, May 8, 2016, at 02:30 PM, Roberto Ostinelli wrote:
On Sun, May 8, 2016 at 9:22 PM, Tristan Sloughter <[hidden email]> wrote:

Looks great, but you'll need to update the hex package because it is missing dependencies: https://hex.pm/packages/pgpool
 
A hex package only allows for hex dependencies. Otherwise rebar3/mix/etc can't properly resolve the dependencies to install.
 
Hey Tristan,
Still relatively unfamiliar with hex packages, as you can see.
 
Does this mean that the rebar.config file should be something like this instead?
 
{deps, [
    {epgsql, "3.2.0"},
    {poolboy, "1.5.1"}
]}.
If so, where can I find the docs to ensure compatibility with rebar too?
 

_______________________________________________
erlang-questions mailing list
[hidden email]
http://erlang.org/mailman/listinfo/erlang-questions