[ANN] Property-Based Testing with PropEr, Erlang, and Elixir (Beta)

[ANN] Property-Based Testing with PropEr, Erlang, and Elixir (Beta)

Fred Hebert-2
Hi everyone,

I wanted to announce that today, my new book enters its beta phase with pragmatic programmers. The full title is Property-Based Testing with PropEr, Erlang, and Elixir: find bugs before your users do.

You have possibly seen it’s early draft, PropEr Testing, but this copy is a fancier one that has gone through the benefit of full editing. I’ve also added Elixir translations, in case this may be of interest to folks on this mailing list as well.

If you’ve always been interested by property based testing but felt “holy crap this is wizard stuff” I’m happy to say I truly believe this is going to be the easiest way to get into the practice of thinking in properties.

Anyway, the full announcement with more information is at https://media.pragprog.com/newsletters/2018-08-08.html

Thanks,
Fred.

Re: [ANN] Property-Based Testing with PropEr, Erlang, and Elixir (Beta)

Jesper Louis Andersen-2
Awesome work!

Now I have something to point to when people ask me about books on the subject.

On Wed, Aug 8, 2018 at 8:09 PM Fred Hebert <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

J.

Re: [ANN] Property-Based Testing with PropEr, Erlang, and Elixir (Beta)

Max Lapshin-2
Excellent, thanks!

Have just purchased.

Re: [ANN] Property-Based Testing with PropEr, Erlang, and Elixir (Beta)

Pierre Fenoll-2
Amazing! Hopefully this will change the state of testing at large a little!
Just bought it :)

On Thu 9 Aug 2018 at 22:29, Max Lapshin <[hidden email]> wrote:
Excellent, thanks!

Have just purchased.

Pierre Fenoll

Re: [ANN] Property-Based Testing with PropEr, Erlang, and Elixir (Beta)

John Krukoff-2

That’s exciting, and I’ll be looking forward to being able to buy a paper copy.

A thank you for putting the initial draft online, when I first started with property testing a year ago it was an excellent reference. After reading through it, I had a reasonable property testing suite added to my existing eunit tests in a single day’s worth of work. Made everything very approachable and I can recommend it as an excellent resource.

Thanks again,

John Krukoff

On Behalf Of Fred Hebert

[...]

smime.p7s (8K) Download Attachment