[ANN] Zotonic now supports WebSockets

Marc Worrell
Hello,

We just added WebSockets support to the Zotonic CMS/framework.
It is used as an alternative transport layer to Comet and is fully integrated.

The system automatically chooses between using Comet or WebSockets for the server push support.
Server push support is enabled using the {% stream %} tag in the page template.

The browser sends urlencoded forms to the server and the server sends javascript to the browser.
This enables a very flexible way of communication with minimal programming on the browser side.

WebSockets support will be part of the upcoming 0.3 release.

Regards,

Marc Worrell
erlang-questions (at) erlang.org

Re: [ANN] Zotonic now supports WebSockets

Senthilkumar Peelikkampatti
Very nice to hear, good work you guys. Keep it up. Any plan to support
Riak or Couchdb?

On Mon, Jan 25, 2010 at 9:06 AM, Marc Worrell <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> We just added WebSockets support to the Zotonic CMS/framework.
> It is used as an alternative transport layer to Comet and is fully integrated.
>
> The system automatically chooses between using Comet or WebSockets for the server push support.
> Server push support is enabled using the {% stream %} tag in the page template.
>
> The browser sends urlencoded forms to the server and the server sends javascript to the browser.
> This enables a very flexible way of communication with minimal programming on the browser side.
>
> WebSockets support will be part of the upcoming 0.3 release.
>
> Regards,
>
> Marc Worrell
> erlang-questions (at) erlang.org

Senthilkumar Peelikkampatti,