[ANN] erlang-rocksdb 0.25.0 is released

Benoit Chesneau-2
I just released a new version of erlang-rocksdb 0.25.0 a binding of rocksdb for Erlang. This version support latest version of rocksdb (0.17.2) and brings many new features allowing more control of the database:

Package is also available on hex.pm: https://hex.pm/packages/rocksdb

Any feedback is welcome :)

Enjoy!

Benoît

Re: [ANN] erlang-rocksdb 0.25.0 is released

Caragea Silviu
Hello,

Do you have any benchmarks agains https://github.com/leo-project/erocksdb ?

Silviu

On Fri, Nov 23, 2018 at 11:27 AM Caragea Silviu <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello,

Do you have any benchmarks agains https://github.com/leo-project/erocksdb ?

Silviu

Sorry somehow  the messages was lost in the backlog. In term of speed erlang-rocksdb used to be a little faster at the time I started the project but I didn't do any change. The main internal diff between both is that erlang-rocksdb is using dirty nifs to schedule calls to the rocksdb database while the binding from the leo project is using its own pool of threads.

The erlang-rocksdb project is also more features packed to offer more control in the way you want to handle your data but also backpressure and other related topics. It aims to provide a complete programmable database toolkit  for erlang apps, something  I want since a long time.

 Benoît

On Wed, Nov 21, 2018 at 3:03 PM Benoit Chesneau <[hidden email]> wrote:
I just released a new version of erlang-rocksdb 0.25.0 a binding of rocksdb for Erlang. This version support latest version of rocksdb (0.17.2) and brings many new features allowing more control of the database:

Package is also available on hex.pm: https://hex.pm/packages/rocksdb

Any feedback is welcome :)

Enjoy!

Benoît

Re: [ANN] erlang-rocksdb 0.25.0 is released

Andrew Thompson-2
On Wed, Dec 05, 2018 at 02:32:53PM +0100, Benoit Chesneau wrote:
> The erlang-rocksdb project is also more features packed to offer more
> control in the way you want to handle your data but also backpressure and
> other related topics. It aims to provide a complete programmable database
> toolkit  for erlang apps, something  I want since a long time.

I'd like to echo the above. It's *extremely* useful to have a (fairly)
complete wrapper for some of the cooler features rocksdb has. I've been
using it for the last couple months and Benoit has been very helpful
troubleshooting bugs, merging changes I proposed and adding features I
needed.

Also, the bitset merge operator is awesome.

Andrew