ANN: fez - an fsharp to core erlang compiler

ANN: fez - an fsharp to core erlang compiler

Karl Nilsson-2
Hi,

For a few months I've been hacking on fez - a compiler that takes fsharp code and turns it into core erlang and yesterday I released the first alpha release and thought perhaps it would be of some interest to this list.

The idea was to take a mature statically typed functional (first) language with decent tooling and use it to generate code to run on the beam.

The README on the github page outlines the current status and how to get started. FSharp is a multi-paradigmatic language so there are limits to what degree certain features (e.g. imperative programming) can be covered. The 0.1.0 release is mostly focussed on covering the functional paradigm and the standard fsharp libraries. There is also a simple FFI and some support for object programming.

Feedback and questions are very welcome. There will be holes and obscure errors and I would like to hear about them all.

Cheers
Karl

Re: ANN: fez - an fsharp to core erlang compiler

Richard A. O'Keefe-2

On 22/10/17 8:39 PM, Karl Nilsson wrote:
> Hi,
>
> For a few months I've been hacking on fez - a compiler that takes fsharp
> code and turns it into core erlang and yesterday I released the first
> alpha release and thought perhaps it would be of some interest to this list.

You're such a hero Marvel are talking to your lawyer about basing a
comic series on you.  That's pretty amazing.