[ANN] snmp_collector

Vance Shipley
The snmp application in OTP does include a manager however it is not
very useful in real world use cases. For our purposes we started with
it but evolved to writing our own manager while making it an
incremental addition to the existing snmp application.  Additions
include SNMP engine ID discovery and NIFs for SNMPv3 crypto.

The result is available in our snmp_collector application available
here:  https://github.com/sigscale/snmp-collector

--
     -Vance

Re: [ANN] snmp_collector

Max Lapshin-2
Why do you need to write  nif here?

Re: [ANN] snmp_collector

Vance Shipley
We did reuse the snmp application's implementation at first but profiling showed us that 98% of the total time was spent doing the one million iterations required to generate a hash and was taking over 100ms each time. Moving to a NIF on the same hardware reduced it to less than 10ms.

On Mon, Sep 23, 2019, 10:23 PM Max Lapshin <[hidden email]> wrote:
Why do you need to write  nif here?

Re: [ANN] snmp_collector

Max Lapshin-2
very interesting. I'm looking at your code and do not see what is the difference from standard crypto nif.
Where is the difference?