About release R14B02

yaohui
I found that HIPE and halfword emulator cann't be used at the same time in 64-bit linux system, when compiling release R14B02 . Is that a bug?

Re: About release R14B02

yaohui

Thanks, but would the next release fix this problem?
Date:  Mon, Apr 25, 2011 03:13 PM
To:  "yaohui"<[hidden email]>;
Subject:  Re: [erlang-questions] About release R14B02

Not a bug, since halfword can't be used along with HiPE right now.
See this erlang-bugs@ thread for more information:
http://erlang.org/pipermail/erlang-bugs/2011-March/002245.html

On Mon, Apr 25, 2011 at 11:56 AM, yaohui <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I found that HIPE and halfword emulator cann't be used at the same time in
> 64-bit linux system, when compiling release R14B02 . Is that a bug?

Harsh J
http://harshj.com

Re: About release R14B02

Harsh J
The compile options issue should be fixed in the next release.

--
Harsh J
http://harshj.com

Re: About release R14B02

Sverker Eriksson
You will get a better error message in next release if trying to combine
hipe and halfword.

The only thing I can say for sure about when hipe and halfword will be
supported together is that it will not be in next release. It's quite a
big job.

/Sverker, Erlang/OTP