Alternative compiler messages

Bengt Kleberg-2
> From: Thomas Lindgren <thomasl>
> To: erlang-questions
> Subject: Alternative compiler messages
>

> Here's an alternative way of reporting compiler errors and warnings
> that I have found useful. What does it do?
>
> - Filename is reported once, rather than per compiler message. This
>   reduces clutter when absolute paths are used;

While the rest is absolutly marvelous (and something I use 'sed' to do
myself) there is a problem (for me) with this particular feature. My
user interface/editor uses the <filename>:<linenumber> information to
open the file at that line with 1 mouse click. Therefore I need the
filename right beside the line number to be able to get to the right
place to fix the problems.

Would you consider making it possible to turn on/off the different
features individually?

Bengt Kleberg

Alternative compiler messages

Thomas Lindgren-2

> While the rest is absolutly marvelous (and something I use 'sed' to do
> myself) there is a problem (for me) with this particular feature. My
> user interface/editor uses the <filename>:<linenumber> information to
> open the file at that line with 1 mouse click. Therefore I need the
> filename right beside the line number to be able to get to the right
> place to fix the problems.

Will this still work for summarized undefined functions? Ie, if things
look like

myfile.erl:[100,102,104]: function foo/2 is not defined.

Will your emacs mode work for those inputs?

> Would you consider making it possible to turn on/off the different
> features individually?

Sure, that's straightforward. I'll look at it.

        Best,
                        Thomas
--
Thomas Lindgren thomas+junk