Anybody have a tool for analyzing erlang-questions email topics?

Anybody have a tool for analyzing erlang-questions email topics?

duncan
I'm preparing for giving a talk and I mention my opinion on some trends. Data is always better than opinion so I'm thinking of mining emails to the erlang-questions mailing list (eg how often certain keywords appear and how changes over time) for some data points. Does anyone have any tools for data analysis of emails sent to this list?

Duncan Sparrell
sFractal Consulting LLC
iPhone, iTypo, iApologize

Re: Anybody have a tool for analyzing erlang-questions email topics?

Robert Carbone
Hey Duncan,

Hope your talk is coming along well. I am doing the same.

Oh boy, you're in luck —
Joe Armstrong wrote an entire chapter on this...as a tutorial!

   Programming Erlang - Software for a Concurrent World - second edition

It is chapter 27 - Sherlock's Last Case pg 463.

Also, His github has the code:
https://github.com/joearms/sherlock

Thank you Joe!

Look forward to seeing you at the Code Beam conference —

Cheers,
Robert Carbone