Beam compiler starts slow

Awsaf Rahman
Hello,

I wrote a few simple programs like the Fibonacci Sequence, matrix multiplication and executed each for a 1000 times and recorded the execution times required for each iteration in nanoseconds. What I found was that for the first 50 odd iterations, the execution times were much higher than the rest of the timings. The execution times at the starting was much higher but as the iterations went on, it came down to a stable runtime. Can anyone tell me why that is?