Quantcast

Common Test last test report

Loïc Hoguin-3
Hello,

It's still difficult to get to the last test report in Common Test.
Currently the URI looks like this:

file:///home/essen/ninenines/cowboy/logs/ct_run.ct_cowboy@localhost.2017-02-25_00.02.28/ninenines.cowboy.rfc7540_SUITE.logs/run.2017-02-25_00.02.29/suite.log.html

Which is great, I can always go back and compare, and sometimes that's
what I want (when I test across Erlang releases, for example). But when
I'm fixing a bug, I tend to run a small set of tests, maybe a single
suite, or sometimes even just a single group or a single test case. When
I do that, things becomes more difficult than they should be because I
can't simply refresh the page to get the new report, I have to go back,
refresh on the all_runs.html page, and follow the links from there.

Would it be possible for Common Test to maintain a separate directory
always containing the latest report? For example:

file:///home/essen/ninenines/cowboy/logs/[hidden email]/ninenines.cowboy.rfc7540_SUITE.logs/run.latest/suite.log.html

With a URI like this I can repeat the test run, refresh in my browser
and get the new report instantly. (And keep the history separate should
I need to compare.)

Alternatively, have an option to disable the timestamps so I can just
refresh when I need it, although the history wouldn't be preserved in
this case.

Loïc Hoguin
https://ninenines.eu

Re: Common Test last test report

Raghav Karol
+1 to this request. I love common_test, but and this is my biggest pain point. It's either a few clicks in the browser to the see the last failure or a  `find sort cat` like command to see the latest report.

file:///home/essen/ninenines/cowboy/logs/ct_run.ct_cowboy@localhost.latest/ninenines.cowboy.rfc7540_SUITE.logs/run.latest/suite.log.html

With a URI like this I can repeat the test run, refresh in my browser and get the new report instantly. (And keep the history separate should I need to compare.)

Alternatively, have an option to disable the timestamps so I can just refresh when I need it, although the history wouldn't be preserved in this case.

Loïc Hoguin
https://ninenines.eu

Raghav