Quantcast

Compile with flag --with-dynamic-trace=systemtap failed

Compile with flag --with-dynamic-trace=systemtap failed

goofansu
This post was updated on .
dtrace: failed to compile script emulator/beam/erlang_dtrace.d: Preprocessor not found
configure: error: Could not precompile erlang_dtrace.d: dtrace -h failed
configure: error: /root/otp/erts/configure failed for erts

OS: fedora17

I've installed systemtap and dtrace.

[root@fedora otp]# stap -ve 'probe begin { log("hello world") exit () }'
Pass 1: parsed user script and 86 library script(s) using 202280virt/24168res/3032shr/21644data kb, in 10usr/120sys/131real ms.
Pass 2: analyzed script: 1 probe(s), 2 function(s), 0 embed(s), 0 global(s) using 202676virt/24932res/3176shr/22040data kb, in 0usr/0sys/9real ms.
Pass 3: using cached /root/.systemtap/cache/04/stap_04461df43dfdbd87453e7e2ed2792b10_838.c
Pass 4: using cached /root/.systemtap/cache/04/stap_04461df43dfdbd87453e7e2ed2792b10_838.ko
Pass 5: starting run.
hello world
Pass 5: run completed in 0usr/30sys/312real ms.

[root@fedora otp]# dtrace -n BEGIN
dtrace: description 'BEGIN' matched 1 probe
CPU     ID                    FUNCTION:NAME
  0      1                           :BEGIN

Compile with flag --with-dynamic-trace=systemtap failed

Lukas Larsson-7
Hello,

On our systemtap testmachine we have the dtrace command available:

-bash-4.2$ dtrace --help
Usage /usr/bin/dtrace [--help] [-h | -G] [-C [-I<Path>]] -s File.d [-o <File>]
Where -h builds a systemtap header file from the .d file
      -C when used with -h, also run cpp preprocessor
      -o specifies an explicit output file name,
         the default for -G is file.o and -h is file.h
      -I when running cpp pass through this -I include Path
      -s specifies the name of the .d input file
      -G builds a stub file.o from file.d,
         which is required by some packages that use dtrace.

I'm not the guy who has implemented/installed it for us, but I think
that when you install systemtap you should also get a utility called
dtrace.

Lukas

CGS

Compile with flag --with-dynamic-trace=systemtap failed

CGS
I got the same problem and I gave up. Systemtap package seems not to be
recognized by Erlang. Instead, dtrace package works like a charm.

CGS

On Fri, Sep 14, 2012 at 3:05 PM, Lukas Larsson <lukas> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> On our systemtap testmachine we have the dtrace command available:
>
> -bash-4.2$ dtrace --help
> Usage /usr/bin/dtrace [--help] [-h | -G] [-C [-I<Path>]] -s File.d [-o
> <File>]
> Where -h builds a systemtap header file from the .d file
>       -C when used with -h, also run cpp preprocessor
>       -o specifies an explicit output file name,
>          the default for -G is file.o and -h is file.h
>       -I when running cpp pass through this -I include Path
>       -s specifies the name of the .d input file
>       -G builds a stub file.o from file.d,
>          which is required by some packages that use dtrace.
>
> I'm not the guy who has implemented/installed it for us, but I think
> that when you install systemtap you should also get a utility called
> dtrace.
>
> Lukas
>
> On Fri, Sep 14, 2012 at 4:55 AM, goofansu <goofan.su> wrote:
> > dtrace: failed to compile script emulator/beam/erlang_dtrace.d:
> Preprocessor
> > not found
> > configure: error: Could not precompile erlang_dtrace.d: dtrace -h failed
> > configure: error: /root/otp/erts/configure failed for erts
> >

> > OS: fedora17
> >
> > I've installed systemtap. Shall I install dtrace?
> >

> > --

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...

Compile with flag --with-dynamic-trace=systemtap failed

Emilio De Camargo Francesquini
Systemtap already comes with a dtrace script preprocessor. No need to
install both Systemtap and Dtrace.

Have you installed the systemtap-sdt-devel package? It contains the
dtrace preprocessor you need and the  sys/sdt.h header needed to
compile the VM with tracing enabled.

sudo yum install  systemtap-sdt-devel

Emilio

2012/9/14 CGS <cgsmcmlxxv>:

> I got the same problem and I gave up. Systemtap package seems not to be
> recognized by Erlang. Instead, dtrace package works like a charm.
>
> CGS
>

> On Fri, Sep 14, 2012 at 3:05 PM, Lukas Larsson <lukas> wrote:
>>
>> Hello,
>>
>> On our systemtap testmachine we have the dtrace command available:
>>
>> -bash-4.2$ dtrace --help
>> Usage /usr/bin/dtrace [--help] [-h | -G] [-C [-I<Path>]] -s File.d [-o
>> <File>]
>> Where -h builds a systemtap header file from the .d file
>>       -C when used with -h, also run cpp preprocessor
>>       -o specifies an explicit output file name,
>>          the default for -G is file.o and -h is file.h
>>       -I when running cpp pass through this -I include Path
>>       -s specifies the name of the .d input file
>>       -G builds a stub file.o from file.d,
>>          which is required by some packages that use dtrace.
>>
>> I'm not the guy who has implemented/installed it for us, but I think
>> that when you install systemtap you should also get a utility called
>> dtrace.
>>
>> Lukas
>>
>> On Fri, Sep 14, 2012 at 4:55 AM, goofansu <goofan.su> wrote:
>> > dtrace: failed to compile script emulator/beam/erlang_dtrace.d:
>> > Preprocessor
>> > not found
>> > configure: error: Could not precompile erlang_dtrace.d: dtrace -h failed
>> > configure: error: /root/otp/erts/configure failed for erts
>> >

>> > OS: fedora17
>> >
>> > I've installed systemtap. Shall I install dtrace?

Compile with flag --with-dynamic-trace=systemtap failed

苏晔俊
Hey, thank you for the reply, although I happened to find out the fact a
few days ago.
It's strange that the Erlang mail list appears in google group. I never
accepted any response from this group.

? 2012?9?22????UTC+8??12?41?03??Emilio De Camargo Francesquini???