Connecting to an exisitg release

Zachary Kessin-2
I am kind of confused

I created a release with rebar3 and started it up with the script that it provided me. But how do I connect with it?

If I start up a process with the scripts generated by a release appname/bin/appname start it runs in the background. If I then connect to it with appname/bin/appname attach it seems that when I kill that session it will also kill the main process. What is the correct way to do this?

Can we put a best practice here into the rebar3 docs

Zach
--
Zach Kessin
Twitter: @zkessin

Re: Connecting to an exisitg release

Vipin Nair
I created a release with rebar3 and started it up with the script that it provided me. But how do I connect with it?

appname/bin/appname remote_console will give you a remote shell.

Vipin

Re: Connecting to an exisitg release

Daniel Hallin Widgren

Or after doing a attach do a ctrl-d and you will logout from that shell. Instead of using ctrl-c that will kill the node.

Get Outlook for Android