Quantcast

Desktop or web-based full help by Erlang

shk

Desktop or web-based full help by Erlang

shk
Hello,

I'm new in Erlang, and i often use man and Erlang Reference Manual User's Guide in http://www.erlang.org/doc/ , but it's not very usefull, for example erlang reference manual haven't search and I don't always know which section to look for that or any other function.

Is anywhere desktop or web-based reference for erlang and it's lib with search and other, maybe like a DevHelp for gtk+ or something else?

Thank you.

Re: Desktop or web-based full help by Erlang

Rapsey
I don't know about desktop apps, there is http://erldocs.com/ though. It has
search.

Sergej

On Sat, Dec 25, 2010 at 10:24 AM, shk <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm new in Erlang, and i often use man and Erlang Reference Manual User's
> Guide in http://www.erlang.org/doc/ , but it's not very usefull, for
> example
> erlang reference manual haven't search and I don't always know which
> section
> to look for that or any other function.
>
> Is anywhere desktop or web-based reference for erlang and it's lib with
> search and other, maybe like a DevHelp for gtk+ or something else?
>
> Thank you.

Re: Desktop or web-based full help by Erlang

Alain O'Dea
ErlIDE has code-completion and documentation hovers.  Very useful.

+1 for http://erldocs.com/. It rocks :)

On 2010-12-25, at 7:53, Rapsey <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I don't know about desktop apps, there is http://erldocs.com/ though. It has
> search.
>

> Sergej
>

> On Sat, Dec 25, 2010 at 10:24 AM, shk <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

>> Hello,
>>
>> I'm new in Erlang, and i often use man and Erlang Reference Manual User's
>> Guide in http://www.erlang.org/doc/ , but it's not very usefull, for
>> example
>> erlang reference manual haven't search and I don't always know which
>> section
>> to look for that or any other function.
>>
>> Is anywhere desktop or web-based reference for erlang and it's lib with
>> search and other, maybe like a DevHelp for gtk+ or something else?
>>
>> Thank you.

Re: Desktop or web-based full help by Erlang

Dale Harvey
There are also downloads for erldocs so they work offline, you can see them
on the front page

On 25 December 2010 12:51, Alain O'Dea <[hidden email]> wrote:

> ErlIDE has code-completion and documentation hovers.  Very useful.
>
> +1 for http://erldocs.com/. It rocks :)
>

> On 2010-12-25, at 7:53, Rapsey <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > I don't know about desktop apps, there is http://erldocs.com/ though. It
> has
> > search.
> >

> > Sergej
> >

> > On Sat, Dec 25, 2010 at 10:24 AM, shk <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >

> >> Hello,
> >>
> >> I'm new in Erlang, and i often use man and Erlang Reference Manual
> User's
> >> Guide in http://www.erlang.org/doc/ , but it's not very usefull, for
> >> example
> >> erlang reference manual haven't search and I don't always know which
> >> section
> >> to look for that or any other function.
> >>
> >> Is anywhere desktop or web-based reference for erlang and it's lib with
> >> search and other, maybe like a DevHelp for gtk+ or something else?
> >>
> >> Thank you.

Re: Desktop or web-based full help by Erlang

z_axis
A "http://www.haskell.org/hoogle/" similar site is very helpful.

Can erlang create such a site ?

e^(π.i) + 1 = 0

Re: Desktop or web-based full help by Erlang

Edmond Begumisa

I use Omega (courtesy of Xapian) to provide a ranked full-text search page
for local Erlang documentation which I serve off a local yaws server. I
use omindex to build the index then the omega cgi app for the search page
itself.

http://www.linux.com/archive/feature/149223
http://trac.xapian.org/wiki/OmegaExample

- Edmond -