Difference between esl-erlang and erlang rpm packages

Difference between esl-erlang and erlang rpm packages

Zachary Kessin-2
We have been using the esl-erlang package here for some time now and were wondering what is the difference between the esl-erlang and the non esl labeled packages on the esl RPM repository.

Thanks

Zach Kessin [hidden email]  +1 508 745 7940

Re: Difference between esl-erlang and erlang rpm packages

zxq9-2
On 2019/09/10 1:02, Zachary Kessin wrote:
> We have been using the esl-erlang package here for some time now and
> were wondering what is the difference between the esl-erlang and the non
> esl labeled packages on the esl RPM repository.

Last I remember, the labeling indicates how the internal applications
and utilities are packaged.

I might have these backwards in my head, but IIRC:

- The "esl-erlang" package has everything rolled into one bundle. This
is a Bad Thing in some communities (and not everyone wants everything).
- The "erlang" package is the start of a set that packages each utility
and application separately across different rpms.

-Craig