Disable erlang crash dump generation

Manoj

Dear all,

I'm running erlang in an embedded environment, and there 's a requirement to maintain 15MB free memory

at any point of time. To ensure the same I need to disable the generation of erlang crash dump file(erl_crash.dump)

file since it may grow in size. How can this be done??

I've tried the following options:

i. "+d" option when beginning to run the erlang node

ii. Set the value of the environment variable ERL_CRASH_DUMP to "/dev/null"(tried this both when running the erlang application, and

also setting the environment variable explicitly after running the application)

PS: I'm running the my application on Erlang/OTP 19 [erts-8.0]

Manoj

Re: Disable erlang crash dump generation

Lukas Larsson-8
Hello,

You can set ERL_CRASH_DUMP_SECONDS to 0 and it will not generate a erl_crash.dump. Also since Erlang/OTP 19.2 there is the ERL_CRASH_DUMP_BYTES variable that can be used to limit the size of the erl_crash.dump.

Lukas