Disable erlang crash dump generation

ARUN P

Hi,

I'm running erlang in an embedded environment, and there 's a requirement to maintain 15MB free memory

at any point of time. To ensure the same I need to disable the generation of erlang crash dump file(erl_crash.dump)

file since it may grow in size. How can this be done??

I've tried the following options:

i. "+d" option when beginning to run the erlang node

ii. Set the value of the environment variable ERL_CRASH_DUMP to "/dev/null"(tried this both when running the erlang application, and

also setting the environment variable explicitly after running the application)

PS: I'm running the my application on Erlang/OTP 19 [erts-8.0]

Regards,
Arun P

Re: Disable erlang crash dump generation

Richard Carlsson-3
See the documentation of the ERL_CRASH_DUMP_SECONDS variable (at the bottom of the page http://erlang.org/doc/man/erl.html):

"Unix systems: This variable gives the number of seconds that the emulator is allowed to spend writing a crash dump. When the given number of seconds have elapsed, the emulator is terminated by a SIGALRM signal. If the variable is not set or set to 0 seconds (ERL_CRASH_DUMP_SECONDS=0), the runtime system does not even attempt to write the crash dump file. It only terminates."

        /Richard