Does anyone still use poolboy, the poolboy needs to update for otp 21.

Does anyone still use poolboy, the poolboy needs to update for otp 21.

getonga
I made a pr to poolboy, see https://github.com/devinus/poolboy
But after 17 days, it does not be merged, and no reaction too.
Help is needed.

Re: Does anyone still use poolboy, the poolboy needs to update for otp 21.

Jordan Chaitin

I belive pgapp (https://github.com/epgsql/pgapp), a commonly used frontend (the backend being the Erlang Postgresql database client library Epgsql - https://github.com/epgsql/epgsql), uses poolboy.

On 7/16/18 15:09, getonga wrote:
I made a pr to poolboy, see https://github.com/devinus/poolboy
But after 17 days, it does not be merged, and no reaction too.
Help is needed.

Re: Does anyone still use poolboy, the poolboy needs to update for otp 21.

Karolis Petrauskas-2
I'm using the poolboy library, through I have no write access to the
devinus/poolboy repository.
Its a vocation time now, maybe you should wait a bit.

Karolis

On Mon, Jul 16, 2018 at 2:50 PM, JC <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I belive pgapp (https://github.com/epgsql/pgapp), a commonly used frontend
> (the backend being the Erlang Postgresql database client library Epgsql -
> https://github.com/epgsql/epgsql), uses poolboy.
>

> On 7/16/18 15:09, getonga wrote:
>
> I made a pr to poolboy, see https://github.com/devinus/poolboy
> But after 17 days, it does not be merged, and no reaction too.
> Help is needed.

Re: Does anyone still use poolboy, the poolboy needs to update for otp 21.

Michał Muskała
FWIW it averages about 9k downloads a day on Hex, so it's definitely used https://hex.pm/packages/poolboy

Last release (at least on hex) was over 3 years ago, though.

Michał.
On 16 Jul 2018, 11:39 +0200, getonga <[hidden email]>, wrote:
I made a pr to poolboy, see https://github.com/devinus/poolboy
But after 17 days, it does not be merged, and no reaction too.
Help is needed.

Re: Does anyone still use poolboy, the poolboy needs to update for otp 21.

Roger Lipscombe-2
We use it, and it's working fine on OTP-21.0.

On 16 July 2018 at 10:39, getonga <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I made a pr to poolboy, see https://github.com/devinus/poolboy
> But after 17 days, it does not be merged, and no reaction too.
> Help is needed.

Re: Does anyone still use poolboy, the poolboy needs to update for otp 21.

Jesper Louis Andersen-2
I'd guess the same.

Mind you, getting rid of warnings are nice, but there is no reason to worry before OTP 22.x is about to go out. In other words, the drums should be banged upon louder and louder from pianissimo to fortissimo as we approach the deadline.

We are not late yet. We will be late if we don't act. It is in the middle of vacation time as well. Things are likely to move a bit slower than normal.

On Mon, Jul 16, 2018 at 2:29 PM Roger Lipscombe <[hidden email]> wrote:
We use it, and it's working fine on OTP-21.0.

On 16 July 2018 at 10:39, getonga <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I made a pr to poolboy, see https://github.com/devinus/poolboy
> But after 17 days, it does not be merged, and no reaction too.
> Help is needed.

J.

Re: Does anyone still use poolboy, the poolboy needs to update for otp 21.

Andrew Thompson-5
I do have contributor priviliges to the repository, although I don't
have a lot of time for maintenence. Maybe we can find someone interested
to help?

Andrew