EEF Board Elections

Fred Hebert-2
Hi everyone,

if you're already following one of the social media accounts for the EEF or are subscribed to the mailing list, there won't be anything new for you here.

Otherwise, if you're a member of the EEF, you might be interested in knowing that we are having our first board elections. If you want to run for the board or want to get more information on voting, we've got a page on our website explaining everything: https://erlef.org/news/eef/election-2020

Being a board member is ultimately a fairly political [unpaid] job focused on “running the foundation”, distinct from the more direct involvement people in specific working groups usually have. Board members are not precluded from being part of working groups either.

You have until end-of-day (PST) on Thursday March 12 to submit your candidacy; after that, we'll have a week-long voting session; to vote, you have to be a paying member, or have done active participation in working groups (as a managing member or just putting in time there) and ask for voting rights at [hidden email]. Board members also get the right to vote.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Regards,
Fred.

Re: EEF Board Elections

Fred Hebert-2

Due to COVID-19 causing a lot of shuffling in everyone's lives, we slipped on opening up the voting the dates. The following are now correct:

  • February 28: Elections announced, people can submit their candidacy
  • March 12: Last day to submit your candidacy
  • March 20: Votes are open
  • March 27: Votes are closed
See you at the virtual urns this Friday, and stay safe.