EPMDLess - new application which helps to connect erlang nodes under docker

EPMDLess - new application which helps to connect erlang nodes under docker

Oleg Tarasenko
Hi,

I would like to introduce Epmdless - application for connecting Erlang/Elixir nodes without EPMD.

In short:
 1) Allows to avoid starting epmd in places where it's not needed (for example docker containers)
 2) Supports TCP/TLS transport layers
 3) Restricts erlang distribution to one port only (specified with config or env variable).

It contains some examples in the README file + links to related projects:
 - Sandbox application to test it with Erlang.
 Sandbox application to test it with Elixir.

Also, I've made a blog post explaining how to use it with some video materials:

I really hope you will find it useful!

Oleg

Re: EPMDLess - new application which helps to connect erlang nodes under docker

Max Lapshin-2
how complex it was to bring up MySql on OS X in the pas

sorry, but what was the problem?  I've never done it before homebrew.

The code is nice.  It is distribution without port resolving, right?

Re: EPMDLess - new application which helps to connect erlang nodes under docker

Oleg Tarasenko
sorry, but what was the problem?  I've never done it before homebrew.

For me, it was extremely hard, due to the need to install dependencies. But I think it's another story :)

> The code is nice.  It is distribution without port resolving, right?

Thanks! I glad you liked it.
And yes, regarding port resolving, but I would clarify that it's more like a port resolving without epmd (as epmdless is maintaining the host/port mapping instead of epmd).