Employment Opportunity - Erlang Engineer in New York City and Remote

Employment Opportunity - Erlang Engineer in New York City and Remote

Sandeep

Hi ,

We have an exciting opportunity as an Erlang Engineer
. If you are interested please send your resume and current/expecting salary to [hidden email], I will contact you with more details.

Job title: Erlang Engineer
Location: New York City and Remote
Full time position

The Senior Erlang Engineer will be part of the Platform Team responsible for design and development of elegant and performant code in Erlang/OTP. He/she will also liaise internally with Customer Experience, Product and Sales Teams, in a collaborative fashion to resolve technical issues, advance the product roadmap, and support occasional Sales & Marketing activities.

Performance Objectives:
Develop robust, concurrent and scalable Erlang/OTP applications and services
Design, develop and maintain comprehensive tests using EUnit, common test and python
Ensure high availability of our distributed platform
Develop tools to support both in-house and customer requirements
Participate in code reviews, design and architecture meetings
Liaise with Product and Customer Experience teams to resolve technical issues and advance the product roadmap

Required Skills:
Demonstrable commercial experience using Erlang/OTP to deliver complex systems, preferably within a product development environment
Demonstrable experience in architecting and building one or more scalable and concurrent applications
Strong experience and understanding of distributed systems, concurrency and parallelism
Good understanding of data structures and algorithms
Strong working knowledge of linux and comfortable using the shell
Effective communicator using written and verbal English
Keen to work within a collaborative working environment
Ability to work independently as part of a distributed organization with little external supervision
Able to effectively engage and co-ordinate with teams that are distributed across different geographic regions
Self-motivated and works well under pressure
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or demonstrable equivalent work experience

Desirable Skills:
Experience with micro services
Knowledge and experience of RabbitMQ
Knowledge and experience of Riak
Experience of AMQP, Stomp and HTTP protocols
Experience of chat-based applications
Experience with Agile Methods, including Test Driven Development

References are accepted.

Thanks & Regards,
Sandeep Kumar
Sr. Technical Recruiter
 | Maania
Phone: 408-543-9454
E-Mail: [hidden email]
Web:
www.maania.com

Re: Employment Opportunity - Erlang Engineer in New York City and Remote

Brian Modra
Sandeep,
Just a quick question... How "remote"? Could I be in Australia?
Brian

Brian Modra; 0455284772; 26 Valley Dr, Caboolture QLD 4510

On 16 Feb. 2018 8:53 am, "Sandeep" <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi ,

We have an exciting opportunity as an Erlang Engineer
. If you are interested please send your resume and current/expecting salary to [hidden email], I will contact you with more details.

Job title: Erlang Engineer
Location: New York City and Remote
Full time position

The Senior Erlang Engineer will be part of the Platform Team responsible for design and development of elegant and performant code in Erlang/OTP. He/she will also liaise internally with Customer Experience, Product and Sales Teams, in a collaborative fashion to resolve technical issues, advance the product roadmap, and support occasional Sales & Marketing activities.

Performance Objectives:
Develop robust, concurrent and scalable Erlang/OTP applications and services
Design, develop and maintain comprehensive tests using EUnit, common test and python
Ensure high availability of our distributed platform
Develop tools to support both in-house and customer requirements
Participate in code reviews, design and architecture meetings
Liaise with Product and Customer Experience teams to resolve technical issues and advance the product roadmap

Required Skills:
Demonstrable commercial experience using Erlang/OTP to deliver complex systems, preferably within a product development environment
Demonstrable experience in architecting and building one or more scalable and concurrent applications
Strong experience and understanding of distributed systems, concurrency and parallelism
Good understanding of data structures and algorithms
Strong working knowledge of linux and comfortable using the shell
Effective communicator using written and verbal English
Keen to work within a collaborative working environment
Ability to work independently as part of a distributed organization with little external supervision
Able to effectively engage and co-ordinate with teams that are distributed across different geographic regions
Self-motivated and works well under pressure
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or demonstrable equivalent work experience

Desirable Skills:
Experience with micro services
Knowledge and experience of RabbitMQ
Knowledge and experience of Riak
Experience of AMQP, Stomp and HTTP protocols
Experience of chat-based applications
Experience with Agile Methods, including Test Driven Development

References are accepted.

Thanks & Regards,
Sandeep Kumar
Sr. Technical Recruiter
 | Maania
Phone: 408-543-9454
E-Mail: [hidden email]
Web:
www.maania.com

Re: Employment Opportunity - Erlang Engineer in New York City and Remote

zxq9-2
Indeed.
Most of us probably aren't anywhere near the US timezone.
Could I remain in Japan?

-Craig