We are happy to announce Erlang 2021, the 20th ACM SIGPLAN Erlang
Workshop, a satellite event of the 26th ACM SIGPLAN International
Conference on Functional Programming (ICFP 2021).
Just like ICFP 2021, Erlang 2021 will be virtual. More information
about the format (time zone, presentation style, etc.) will be
announced as soon as it is finalized.
The Erlang Workshop aims to bring together the open source, academic,
and industrial communities of Erlang and other BEAM-related languages,
to discuss techniques, technologies, languages and other relevant
topics. The Erlang model of concurrent programming has been widely
emulated, for example by Akka in Scala. Moreover, several newer
programming languages, such as Elixir, have been designed atop
Erlang's VM. The workshop is welcoming contributions related to any
and all systems like those mentioned above.
The workshop aims to enable participants to learn about recent
developments on techniques and tools, novel applications, draw lessons
from users’ experiences and identify research problems and common
areas relevant to the practice of Erlang and other Erlang-like
languages, functional programming, distribution, concurrency, etc.
As with previous years, accepted workshop papers will be published
by the ACM and will appear in the ACM Digital Library.
# Program Committee
* Stavros Aronis, Erlang Solutions, Sweden
* Clara Benac Earle, Universidad Politécnica de Madrid, Spain
* Annette Bieniusa, TU Kaiserslautern, Germany
* Laura Bocchi, University of Kent, UK
* Emanuele D'Osualdo, MPI-SWS, Germany
* Mariano Guerra, Instadeq, Germany
* Burcu Kulahcioglu Ozkan, TU Delft, Netherlands
* Rumyana Neykova, Brunel University London, UK
* Kenji Rikitake, Japan
* Simon Thompson, University of Kent, UK
* Melinda Toth, Eötvös Loránd University, Hungary
* Peter van Roy, UC Louvain, Belgium
* Kjell Winblad, Ericsson, Sweden
* Cons T Åhs, Cisco, Sweden
# Important dates
Submission deadline : Fri, May 7th 2021 (strict)
Notification : Tue, Jun 15th 2021
Camera ready deadline : Wed, Jun 30th 2021
Workshop (preliminary): Sun, Aug 22nd 2021