Erlang + Climate Change + Brainstorming

Todd Greenwood
Climate change discussion...

About a year ago I emailed the Erlang list to see if anyone was interested in discussing how we, as distributed systems engineers, could affect climate change. I had about 8 or so folks respond to me directly that they were interested. I created a google group and suggested we all start chatting there, but no one signed up. I was a bit discouraged, and let this idea move to my back-burner... until recently.

A couple of weeks ago, Den Drown pinged me about the climate change discussion group, so I am taking another another run at starting this :-). I've created a private chat/channel using keybase.io. There are about 3 or 4 of us on there now, and we are basically at the point of introducing ourselves to see how we might assist each other.

BTW - I'm not married to keybase.io, and if folks have a strong opinion as to a better forum, then let me know and we can migrate as necessary. My only reason for moving this discussion off of the Erlang mailing list is that much of the discussion might be off-topic for this forum.

If you would like an invitation to the climate_change chat/channel, then please email me directly.

-Todd

Todd Greenwood-Geer