Erlang Development Environment

chandru
We use RCS. I tried to customise CCviewer but gave up very fast :) Can we do
a RCSViewer too?!

cheers,
Chandru

NOTICE AND DISCLAIMER:

Erlang Development Environment

Ulf Wiger-4
On Wed, 7 Mar 2001, Chandrashekhar Mullaparthi wrote:

>We use RCS. I tried to customise CCviewer but gave up very fast :)
>Can we do a RCSViewer too?!

Sure, why not!
I have nothing else to do. (:

Seriously, though, I think the hard part is making it work on any
other environment than ClearCase. If we get it to work for CVS, it
probably mainly involves restructuring the code specific to the
version control system, and writing some document explaining how an
adaption is done.

/Uffe

--
Ulf Wiger                                    tfn: +46  8 719 81 95
Senior System Architect                      mob: +46 70 519 81 95

Erlang Development Environment

David Gould-2
On Wed, Mar 07, 2001 at 04:30:13PM +0100, Ulf Wiger wrote:
> On Wed, 7 Mar 2001, Chandrashekhar Mullaparthi wrote:
>
> >We use RCS. I tried to customise CCviewer but gave up very fast :)
> >Can we do a RCSViewer too?!
>
> Sure, why not!
> I have nothing else to do. (:

You get lucky here, CVS uses RCS to store its files. So if it can work
for RCS, it will also mostly work for CVS. Of course, CVS adds another
layer of features, so there might be more capability in CVS mode.

Oh, Chandru, why do you use RCS instead of CVS? Just curious. I use RCS alone
when I play sysadmin, so if I mess up configuring something, I have a
fallback plan, and also to document changes made to a system. But for
software development, CVS seems much nicer unless you have only a few files.

> Seriously, though, I think the hard part is making it work on any
> other environment than ClearCase. If we get it to work for CVS, it
> probably mainly involves restructuring the code specific to the
> version control system, and writing some document explaining how an
> adaption is done.

There is also cscope which does some of what people are asking for here,
perhaps it could be adapted.

-dg

--
David Gould                davidg               510 536 1443