Erlang OS

Vlad Dumitrescu-3
Hi all!

I was reading again through the Erlang book, and got to the OS chapter. And I started wondering... what if there was an ErlangOS? What would it take to implement it? Of course, for efficiency there would be a lot of C stuff anyway, but I think it might be an interesting thing to look into. Maybe a special driver might allow to run any POSIX compliant program within an Erlang environment and (maybe) make it look like a regular Erlang process....

Just some random thoughts... but maybe someone thinks it might make a fun master thesis :-)

regards,
Vlad