Erlang/OTP 20.2 has been released

Henrik Nord X
Erlang/OTP 20.2 is the second service release for the 20 major release.
The service release contains mostly bug fixes and characteristics
improvements but also some new features.

Some highlights for 20.2

Application(s): crypto, ssl

               The crypto API is extended to use private/public keys
               stored in an Engine for sign/verify or encrypt/decrypt
               operations.

               The ssl application provides an API to use this new
               engine concept in TLS.

Application(s): ssh

               SSH can now fetch the host key from the private keys
               stored in an Engine. See the crypto application for
               details about Engines.

Application(s): ssl

               A new command line option -ssl_dist_optfile has been
               added to facilitate specifying the many options needed
               when using SSL as the distribution protocol.

Application(s): stdlib

               Improve performance of the new string functionality
               when handling ASCII characters.

You can find the README and the full listing of changes for this
service release at

http://www.erlang.org/download/otp_src_20.2.readme

The source distribution and binary distributions for Windows can be
downloaded from

http://www.erlang.org/download/otp_src_20.2.tar.gz
http://www.erlang.org/download/otp_win32_20.2.exe
http://www.erlang.org/download/otp_win64_20.2.exe

Note: To unpack the TAR archive you need a GNU TAR compatible program.

For installation instructions please consult the README file that is
part
of the distribution.

The Erlang/OTP source can also be found at GitHub on the official
Erlang
repository, https://github.com/erlang/otp with tag OTP-20.2

The on-line documentation can be found at: http://www.erlang.org/doc/
You can also download the complete HTML documentation or the Unix
manual files

http://www.erlang.org/download/otp_doc_html_20.2.tar.gz
http://www.erlang.org/download/otp_doc_man_20.2.tar.gz

Please report any new issues via Erlang/OTPs public issue tracker

https://bugs.erlang.org

We want to thank all of those who sent us patches, suggestions and bug
reports!

Thank you!

The Erlang/OTP Team at Ericsson

Re: Erlang/OTP 20.2 has been released

Max Lapshin-2
does it contain patch with multiple epoll-s?

Re: Erlang/OTP 20.2 has been released

Lukas Larsson-8
On Thu, Dec 14, 2017 at 11:37 AM, Max Lapshin <[hidden email]> wrote:
does it contain patch with multiple epoll-s?

No, that feature is merged into the master branch for release in OTP-21.

If you have the time, please try it out and see if you get better/worse performance with it, the more tests we run on it before OTP-21 is released, the better it will be.

Lukas

On Thu, Dec 14, 2017 at 2:46 PM, Frank Muller <[hidden email]> wrote:
And when OTP-21 is gonna be released?

 We almost always have our major releases once a year in June, and I see no reason why this year would be an exception.

Lukas