Erlang/OTP R14B03 has been released

Björn-Egil Dahlberg
Erlang/OTP R14B03 has been released.

This release is mainly a stabilization of the R14B03 release (but as
usual there are some new functionality as well).

You can find the README file for the release at

http://www.erlang.org/download/otp_src_R14B03.readme

The source distribution and binary distribution for Windows can be
downloaded from

http://www.erlang.org/download/otp_src_R14B03.tar.gz
http://www.erlang.org/download/otp_win32_R14B03.exe

Note: To unpack the TAR archive you need a GNU TAR compatible program.

For installation instructions please read the README file that is part
of the distribution.

You can also find the source in the official Erlang/OTP git-repository
at GitHub (http://github.com/erlang/otp)

The on-line documentation can be found at: http://www.erlang.org/doc/
You can also download the complete HTML documentation or the Unix manual
files

http://www.erlang.org/download/otp_doc_html_R14B03.tar.gz
http://www.erlang.org/download/otp_doc_man_R14B03.tar.gz

We also want to thank those that sent us patches, suggestions and bug
reports.

The Erlang/OTP Team
Ericsson AB

Re: Erlang/OTP R14B03 has been released

gnoblin
Hello!

I am Erlang newbie, what's "Diameter"?

thanks,
Slav

Re: Erlang/OTP R14B03 has been released

Bengt Kleberg
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diameter_(protocol)

On Wed, 2011-05-25 at 16:10 +0200, Slav Pankratov wrote:
> Hello!
>

> I am Erlang newbie, what's "Diameter"?
>

> thanks,
> Slav

Re: Erlang/OTP R14B03 has been released

Niclas Eklund

Hello!

A security vulnerability in the SSH application has recently been
discovered and fixed (thanks to Geoff Cant!). This fix is included in
R14B03, which is why you should consider upgrading if you use SSH. A
detailed description can be found via http://www.cert.org/ Search for
Vulnerability Note - VU#178990 (should be published soon).

Best Regards,

Niclas @ Erlang/OTP

On Wed, 25 May 2011, Björn-Egil Dahlberg wrote:

> Erlang/OTP R14B03 has been released.
>
> This release is mainly a stabilization of the R14B03 release (but as usual
> there are some new functionality as well).
>
> You can find the README file for the release at
>
> http://www.erlang.org/download/otp_src_R14B03.readme
>
> The source distribution and binary distribution for Windows can be downloaded
> from
>
> http://www.erlang.org/download/otp_src_R14B03.tar.gz
> http://www.erlang.org/download/otp_win32_R14B03.exe
>

> Note: To unpack the TAR archive you need a GNU TAR compatible program.
>
> For installation instructions please read the README file that is part
> of the distribution.
>
> You can also find the source in the official Erlang/OTP git-repository at
> GitHub (http://github.com/erlang/otp)
>

> The on-line documentation can be found at: http://www.erlang.org/doc/
> You can also download the complete HTML documentation or the Unix manual
> files
>
> http://www.erlang.org/download/otp_doc_html_R14B03.tar.gz
> http://www.erlang.org/download/otp_doc_man_R14B03.tar.gz
>
> We also want to thank those that sent us patches, suggestions and bug
> reports.
>
> The Erlang/OTP Team
> Ericsson AB

Re: Erlang/OTP R14B03 has been released

Niclas Eklund

Hi!

The Vulnerability Note is now available -
http://www.kb.cert.org/vuls/id/178990

Best Regards,

Niclas @ Erlang/OTP

On Wed, 25 May 2011, Niclas Eklund wrote:

> Hello!
>
> A security vulnerability in the SSH application has recently been discovered
> and fixed (thanks to Geoff Cant!). This fix is included in R14B03, which is
> why you should consider upgrading if you use SSH. A detailed description can
> be found via http://www.cert.org/ Search for Vulnerability Note - VU#178990
> (should be published soon).
>
> Best Regards,
>
> Niclas @ Erlang/OTP
>

> On Wed, 25 May 2011, Björn-Egil Dahlberg wrote:
>
>> Erlang/OTP R14B03 has been released.
>>
>> This release is mainly a stabilization of the R14B03 release (but as usual
>> there are some new functionality as well).
>>
>> You can find the README file for the release at
>>
>> http://www.erlang.org/download/otp_src_R14B03.readme
>>
>> The source distribution and binary distribution for Windows can be
>> downloaded from
>>
>> http://www.erlang.org/download/otp_src_R14B03.tar.gz
>> http://www.erlang.org/download/otp_win32_R14B03.exe
>>

>> Note: To unpack the TAR archive you need a GNU TAR compatible program.
>>
>> For installation instructions please read the README file that is part
>> of the distribution.
>>
>> You can also find the source in the official Erlang/OTP git-repository at
>> GitHub (http://github.com/erlang/otp)
>>

>> The on-line documentation can be found at: http://www.erlang.org/doc/
>> You can also download the complete HTML documentation or the Unix manual
>> files
>>
>> http://www.erlang.org/download/otp_doc_html_R14B03.tar.gz
>> http://www.erlang.org/download/otp_doc_man_R14B03.tar.gz
>>
>> We also want to thank those that sent us patches, suggestions and bug
>> reports.
>>
>> The Erlang/OTP Team
>> Ericsson AB

Re: Erlang/OTP R14B03 has been released

Ulf Wiger

Reading "OTP-9214  epmd: include host address in local access check"

I recall that I submitted a patch last year that did something similar to this, but (if I understand right) seems more generic.

"Allow the erlang nodename host part to differ from the hostname"

It stalled because I didn't submit docs and test cases, which I didn't because there was never any feedback from anyone, nor any replies to my queries about how it might be tested and documented.

So here goes again: is my patch made redundant by this recent fix? Are they incompatible? Orthogonal? Would it still be interesting to complete the previous patch?

BR,
Ulf W

On 25 May 2011, at 16:06, Björn-Egil Dahlberg wrote:

Erlang/OTP R14B03 has been released.

This release is mainly a stabilization of the R14B03 release (but as usual there are some new functionality as well).

You can find the README file for the release at

http://www.erlang.org/download/otp_src_R14B03.readme

Ulf Wiger, CTO, Erlang Solutions, Ltd.

Re: Erlang/OTP R14B03 has been released

Michael Santos-2
On Wed, May 25, 2011 at 04:41:44PM +0200, Ulf Wiger wrote:

> Reading "OTP-9214  epmd: include host address in local access check"
>
> I recall that I submitted a patch last year that did something similar to this, but (if I understand right) seems more generic.
>
> http://erlang.org/pipermail/erlang-patches/2010-May/001041.html
> "Allow the erlang nodename host part to differ from the hostname"
>
> It stalled because I didn't submit docs and test cases, which I didn't because there was never any feedback from anyone, nor any replies to my queries about how it might be tested and documented.
>
> So here goes again: is my patch made redundant by this recent fix? Are they incompatible? Orthogonal? Would it still be interesting to complete the previous patch?

The patches don't overlap. At some point, epmd was restricted to accept
certain commands (like registration, stopping epmd) only from connections
on the loopback. This patch relaxes the check to consider connections
with the same source and destination addresses as local.

Re: Erlang/OTP R14B03 has been released

mazenharake
Oh.... :( there it is:
RUN_ERL_DISABLE_FLOWCNTRL

I tried to stop this truly horrible shortening of the word "CONTROL"
but I guess the damage has been done :P

Welcoming feature, which shall laugh in our faces every time someone
wonders "why isn't it working!?!?" after have misread this as
"FLOWCTRL" which would be the more common shortening.

well well... "it" happens, I guess :)