Erlang VM -s Argument is causing my program to fail

Erlang VM -s Argument is causing my program to fail

asdf asdf
Hello,

I have read the thread here: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/2080153/erlang-vm-s-argument-misbehaving and have been troubleshooting to no avail.

When I run the erlang vm without the -s flag, my function works:

    bridge_sup:start_link().

    Bridge Supervisor Initializing
    [warning] ClientId is NULL!
    [warning] ClientId is NULL!
    Success
    Success

However, if I have the -s flag set, when my function goes on to call another function emqttc:start_link(...) it never returns:

    Bridge Supervisor Initializing
    [warning] ClientId is NULL!
    [warning] ClientId is NULL!

I can verify that it is not just a print problem because the program I am connecting to receives no signal.

What could possibly be causing this in the Erlang VM? I have also tried using eval to the same effect

Thank you in advance!