Erlang crossplatform

shk

Erlang crossplatform

shk
Hello,

In future i'll plan to port my erlang application in MS Windows. And i want to ask question: Erlang is corssplatform in full? Is anything in Erlang which not supporting Windows?

Thank you.

Re: Erlang crossplatform

Matthias Lang
On Monday, January 31, shk wrote:

> In future i'll plan to port my erlang application in MS Windows. And i want
> to ask question: Erlang is corssplatform in full? Is anything in Erlang
> which not supporting Windows?

I think basically all of Erlang works on Windows. Scraping for
something non-trivial which might not work, I came up with SCTP:

  http://www.erlang.org/doc/man/gen_sctp.html

the manpage mentions the environments its been tested on, and Windows
isn't one of them. But I haven't actually tried, because I don't use
Windows.

A softer problem is that windows-specific questions to the mailing
list often go without an answer for a long time. Maybe there aren't
many windows users who are able or inclined.

Matt

Re: Erlang crossplatform

Jesper Louis Andersen-2
On Thu, Feb 3, 2011 at 11:43, Matthias Lang <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I think basically all of Erlang works on Windows. Scraping for
> something non-trivial which might not work, I came up with SCTP:
>
>  http://www.erlang.org/doc/man/gen_sctp.html
>
> the manpage mentions the environments its been tested on, and Windows
> isn't one of them. But I haven't actually tried, because I don't use
> Windows.

Windows has notoriously bad SCTP support. This is unfortunate as it
hurts the adoption of a pretty nice protocol. BitTorrent would have
been happy with that protocol for instance.

--
J.