Erlang for Websites and Android

Daron Ryan
Hi,

I am just starting to learn Erlang. My plan is to develop a social media type application. I want it to have a dynamic web interface, which normally would be done with Javascript and later on an Android interface. I am not doing this for an organization. It is just something after hours. I have completed a part of the Erlang tutorial  I have been browsing the web trying to find ideas on how to do my project. It seems there is some very good support for it. I even found a tool that compiles Erlang in Javascript but I am hoping to get some guidance what's effective and so on to save myself from too much experimentation.

Are there any good examples of web applications for beginners to you can point me to?
Good examples of Android apps? The simpler the better.

Is there a system where you can write one set of client code in purely Erlang and then deploy it automatically to both Android and web interfaces?

If I am on the wrong track by all means let me know.

Thank you,
Daron.