Erlang machine stopped instantly (distribution name conflict?).

Erlang machine stopped instantly (distribution name conflict?).

Attila Rajmund Nohl
Hello!

I have a (rebar3-generated) project using Erlang 20.3 that I try to
start on Windows 10. I can "install" the Windows service, but when I
try to start it, I get this

"Erlang machine stopped instantly (distribution name conflict?)."

error in the Windows logs. I can start a node (using werl.exe) with
the node name (at least with the node name that is supposed to be
used). On Google I found plenty of this errors related to RabbitMQ,
but I haven't find a solution that's applicable to my case yet (I mean
deleting RabbitMQ app data won't help me). I'm not quite sure how to
debug it at all - how can I see exactly what command is executed to
start the Erlang VM?

Re: Erlang machine stopped instantly (distribution name conflict?).

Attila Rajmund Nohl
Attila Rajmund Nohl <[hidden email]> ezt írta (időpont: 2019.
júl. 24., Sze, 10:38):

> Hello!
>
> I have a (rebar3-generated) project using Erlang 20.3 that I try to
> start on Windows 10. I can "install" the Windows service, but when I
> try to start it, I get this
>
> "Erlang machine stopped instantly (distribution name conflict?)."
>
> error in the Windows logs. I can start a node (using werl.exe) with
> the node name (at least with the node name that is supposed to be
> used). On Google I found plenty of this errors related to RabbitMQ,
> but I haven't find a solution that's applicable to my case yet (I mean
> deleting RabbitMQ app data won't help me). I'm not quite sure how to
> debug it at all - how can I see exactly what command is executed to
> start the Erlang VM?

Process Monitor from sysinternals helped me, I found the command line
and also that an erl_crash.dump was written with this slogan:

init terminating in do_boot
({load_failed,[kernel,erl_eval,erl_parse,erl_lint,gen,gen_event,gen_server,supervisor,file,error_logger,code_server,application_master,file_io_server,code,file_server,ets,a

I guess some path is not correct somewhere.

Re: Erlang machine stopped instantly (distribution name conflict?).

vicbaz

Could you show vm.args?

On 24/07/2019 11:38, Attila Rajmund Nohl wrote:

> Hello!
>
> I have a (rebar3-generated) project using Erlang 20.3 that I try to
> start on Windows 10. I can "install" the Windows service, but when I
> try to start it, I get this
>
> "Erlang machine stopped instantly (distribution name conflict?)."
>
> error in the Windows logs. I can start a node (using werl.exe) with
> the node name (at least with the node name that is supposed to be
> used). On Google I found plenty of this errors related to RabbitMQ,
> but I haven't find a solution that's applicable to my case yet (I mean
> deleting RabbitMQ app data won't help me). I'm not quite sure how to
> debug it at all - how can I see exactly what command is executed to
> start the Erlang VM?

Re: Erlang machine stopped instantly (distribution name conflict?).

Attila Rajmund Nohl
Hello!

My built release was wrong (previously I tried to build with a
different erts version and somehow the beam files got mixed up). I did
a clean build, now I don't get erl_crash.dump file, only an error. The
interesting part of the vm.args file (I modified the name and cookie
because the generated file had $VARIABLE values and I wasn't sure they
would work):

## Name of the node
-name app@narpc

## Cookie for distributed erlang
-setcookie app

## Start the node as a hidden node
-hidden

## Heartbeat management; auto-restarts VM if it dies or becomes unresponsive
## (Disabled by default..use with caution!)
-heart

## Enable kernel poll
+K true

## -smp auto starts the Erlang runtime system with SMP support enabled if it is
## available and more than one logical processor are detected.
-smp auto