Quantcast

Erlang mail server

shk

Erlang mail server

shk
Hello,

I need simple erlang mail server example. I find erlmail, but i don't find how to setting it.

Where can i find erlang mail server and instructions how to run, test, bind domain name to it,?

Thank you.

Re: Erlang mail server

Robert Raschke
On Tue, Nov 9, 2010 at 7:00 AM, shk <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I need simple erlang mail server example. I find erlmail, but i don't find
> how to setting it.
>
> Where can i find erlang mail server and instructions how to run, test, bind
> domain name to it,?

I don't think you'll find a full blown email server. A good starting point
is probably the gen_smtp module. There appear to be several incarnations of
that (http://www.google.com/search?q=gen_smtp).

Robby

Re: Erlang mail server

Andrew Thompson-2
On Tue, Nov 09, 2010 at 09:35:00AM +0000, Robert Raschke wrote:

> On Tue, Nov 9, 2010 at 7:00 AM, shk <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > I need simple erlang mail server example. I find erlmail, but i don't find
> > how to setting it.
> >
> > Where can i find erlang mail server and instructions how to run, test, bind
> > domain name to it,?
> >

> I don't think you'll find a full blown email server. A good starting point
> is probably the gen_smtp module. There appear to be several incarnations of
> that (http://www.google.com/search?q=gen_smtp).

Yeah, gen_smtp is the only thing that even comes close, to my (biased)
knowledge, but its a SMTP/MIME toolkit, not a complete mailserver (but
you could build one with it). You'd need to write some kind of mail
storage and then expose the mail to the users somehow
(IMAP/POP/mbox/maildir).

Someday I'd like to write a distributed mailserver using gen_smtp that
stores mail to riak or mnesia or something and lets you access your mail
from any host in the cluster (and send from any of them). No chance of
that happening any time soon, though, because I don't need such a thing
for anything other than a toy.

Andrew

shk

Re: Erlang mail server

shk
Thank you for reply.

Is anywhere mail server based gen_smtp?

Re: Erlang mail server

Jeffm-3
I've been thinking along the same lines but was thinking of a
distributed file system, eg lustre, instead of a distributed DB.

Jeff.