Event Channels

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Bj=F6rn Wingman?=
How do I use the erlang event channels with another orb? In my idl I
have a function that returns an CosEventChannelAdmin::EventChannel,
but the 'OrberEventChannel_EventChannelFactory':create_event_channel/1
returns an object of type

IDL:omg.org/OrberEventChannelAdmin/EventChannel:1.0

when I had expected

IDL:omg.org/CosEventChannelAdmin/EventChannel:1.0

I feel as if I'm missing some fundamental point here.

  /Bj?rn Wingman

Event Channels

Niclas Eklund-2

Hello!

OrberEventChannelAdmin::EventChannel inherrits the
CosEventChannelAdmin::EventChannel interface. You can confirm this by
invoking:

corba_object:is_a(Channel,"IDL:omg.org/CosEventChannelAdmin/EventChannel:1.0")

You should consider to use the cosNotification application instead, which
can do everything that cosEvent can and much more. For example, you can
filter events, use QoS-settings etc etc.

/Nick