FTP with IPv6

Manjeet.Singh Sardar (AC/EDD)
Hi,
Has anybody tried FTP module of erlang using IPV6 addresses? I am not able to get FTP working using IPV6 addresses.Currently i am using R9C version of Erlang.

Thanks and Regards
Manjeet

FTP with IPv6

Matthias Lang-2
Manjeet.Singh Sardar (AC/EDD) writes:

 > Has anybody tried FTP module of erlang using IPV6 addresses? I
 > am not able to get FTP working using IPV6 addresses. Currently
 > i am using R9C version of Erlang.

There are very few people with IPv6 experience on the list. The lack
of answers to your repeated question suggests that nobody knows the
answer to your question. Some suggestions:

  1. If you have an Erlang licence, send your question to
     support, along with your licence number. As far
     as I know, all Ericsson users have a licence.

  2. Solve the problem yourself. You can get full source from
     www.erlang.org, so it's just work...

  3. Bribe someone else to solve the problem for you. Several of
     the ex-bluetail guys have worked with parts of the
     implementation. (no, I am not offering my services)

Matthias

FTP with IPv6

Hal Snyder-2
Matthias Lang <matthias> writes:

> Manjeet.Singh Sardar (AC/EDD) writes:
>
>  > Has anybody tried FTP module of erlang using IPV6 addresses? I
>  > am not able to get FTP working using IPV6 addresses. Currently
>  > i am using R9C version of Erlang.
>
> There are very few people with IPv6 experience on the list. The lack
> of answers to your repeated question suggests that nobody knows the
> answer to your question. Some suggestions:
>
>   1. If you have an Erlang licence, send your question to
>      support, along with your licence number. As far
>      as I know, all Ericsson users have a licence.
>
>   2. Solve the problem yourself. You can get full source from
>      www.erlang.org, so it's just work...
>
>   3. Bribe someone else to solve the problem for you. Several of
>      the ex-bluetail guys have worked with parts of the
>      implementation. (no, I am not offering my services)

I am extremely interested in IPv6 but have been fully occupied with
configuration management for several months.

As soon as I have a minute or two, I'll see what I can find on our
system. It's been over a year since our last experiments with IPv6 on
OTP. If you don't keep testing software on IPv6, assumptions of IPv4
address syntax, etc. will creep back; it's like digging a hole in the
sand.

FTP with IPv6

Fredrik Thulin-3
On Saturday 21 August 2004 15.21, Hal Snyder wrote:
> I am extremely interested in IPv6 but have been fully occupied with
> configuration management for several months.
>
> As soon as I have a minute or two, I'll see what I can find on our
> system. It's been over a year since our last experiments with IPv6 on
> OTP. If you don't keep testing software on IPv6, assumptions of IPv4
> address syntax, etc. will creep back; it's like digging a hole in the
> sand.

I implemented IPv6 support in Yxa (an SIP server/stack written in
Erlang) recently. The only problem I had was with the UDP receive
buffer for IPv6 being 1024 bytes (R9C-0) while it was 4 or 8k for IPv4.

Have a look at our source code if you wish,
http://www.stacken.kth.se/projekt/yxa/.

I haven't tried the Erlang FTP module with IPv6 though - just gen_udp,
gen_tcp and DNS resolving stuff.

/Fredrik

PS. IPv6 is still default disabled in Yxa, but that is because we
otherwise risk proxying requests from v4-only to a v6-only user agent
(or vice versa) with the result being that they can't communicate (for
VoIP - send audio) to each other, which would not be appreciated by
users ;)