Games made with Erlworld?

qp

Games made with Erlworld?

qp
I just found https://code.google.com/archive/p/erlworld/ and am pleased to see a working Erlang game engine! I was able to get the Pong example running within a minute.

I've tried searching for games made in Erlworld and haven't found any, maybe you know of some?

Searching for "Erlang + OpenGL" or "Erlang game" usually ends up on server discussions (like http://www.erlang-factory.com/upload/presentations/395/ErlangandFirst-PersonShooters.pdf )
or pointing to Wings3D the model editor ( http://wings3d.com/ ).

The Wings3D forum is taking its time in sending me a confirmation email so I haven't been able to post there yet.

When I ran the Erlworld Blastox (Asteroids clone) example, it was tremendously laggy and kept freezing.

The other closest thing I've found is ESDL2 which has display but no user input ( https://github.com/ninenines/esdl2/issues/20 )

I'm looking for other examples of Erlang clientside games done with Erlworld as a reference.

Re: Games made with Erlworld?

Marco Molteni
I stumbled upon Erlworld some time ago and was excited as you are. Then I kicked the tires and the thing is unusable in my opinion: it is very laggy and if you keep it running WxWidgets starts leaking like mad and brings down the Erlang VM. (WxWidgets as used by Erlworld, not WxWidgets by itself).

Also if you have a look at the code, it is an attempt of doing OOP in Erlang, which clearly is not a good fit.

Too bad :-/

marco