How long does mnesia take to warm up?

Erik Reitsma (RY/ETM)-2
What about (from the mnesia docs):

-----------------------
mnesia:wait_for_tables(TabList,Timeout) -> ok | {timeout, BadTabList} | {error, Reason}

Some applications need to wait for certain tables to be accessible in order to do useful work. mnesia:wait_for_tables/2 hangs until all tables in the TabList are accessible, or until timeout is reached.
----------------------

*Erik.

> Joe Armstrong wrote:
>    When I evaluate mnesia:start() it seems to take a little
> time before mnesia is
> ready to do what I tell it - is this a bug? - do I really
> have to busy-wait
> before it is ready?

How long does mnesia take to warm up?

Michał Ptaszek
Hi,

In the context of replias been used.
Setting it to "infinity" is a good choice to avoid mnesia inconsistences.
But it could get stuck waiting forever, waiting for a machine with a disk
crash.

What is the best wise solution for it, a good timeout value?

regards, Eduardo

> mnesia:wait_for_tables(TabList,Timeout) -> ok | {timeout, BadTabList} |
{error, Reason}

> Some applications need to wait for certain tables to be accessible in
order to do useful work. mnesia:wait_for_tables/2 hangs until all tables in
the TabList are accessible, or until timeout is reached.

> *Erik.
>
> > Joe Armstrong wrote:
> >    When I evaluate mnesia:start() it seems to take a little
> > time before mnesia is
> > ready to do what I tell it - is this a bug? - do I really
> > have to busy-wait
> > before it is ready?

How long does mnesia take to warm up?

Eranga Udesh-5