Quantcast

How to send email by using smtp.gmail.com?

How to send email by using smtp.gmail.com?

flowerstars
Hi guys,

I am doing a project concerning sending emails by smtp.gmail.com. The command of connecting smtp server is like:
"openssl s_client -starttls smtp -crlf -connect smtp.gmail.com:587". My question is how can I execute this command in Erlang? Or is there any other way to implement this function (sending email through smtp.gmail.com).

Any help is appreciated. :)
CGS

How to send email by using smtp.gmail.com?

CGS
COMMAND = "openssl s_client -starttls smtp -crlf -connect
smtp.gmail.com:587",
os:cmd(COMMAND).

CGS

On 11/03/2011 07:42 AM, flowerstars wrote:

> Hi guys,
>
> I am doing a project concerning sending emails by smtp.gmail.com. The
> command of connecting smtp server is like:
> "openssl s_client -starttls smtp -crlf -connect smtp.gmail.com:587". My
> question is how can I execute this command in Erlang? Or is there any other
> way to implement this function (sending email through smtp.gmail.com).
>
> Any help is appreciated. :)

How to send email by using smtp.gmail.com?

Harsh J-2
You wanna read this:
https://groups.google.com/d/topic/erlang-programming/baGRL1wWszg/discussion

On Thu, Nov 3, 2011 at 12:12 PM, flowerstars <theflowerstars> wrote:

> Hi guys,
>
> I am doing a project concerning sending emails by smtp.gmail.com. The
> command of connecting smtp server is like:
> "openssl s_client -starttls smtp -crlf -connect smtp.gmail.com:587". My
> question is how can I execute this command in Erlang? Or is there any other
> way to implement this function (sending email through smtp.gmail.com).
>
> Any help is appreciated. :)

Harsh J
http://harshj.com