Including an Elixir Hex Dep in Erlang

Zachary Kessin-2
I want to write a project in Erlang, but there are a few elixir packages that would make life simpler, Is there an easy way to have rebar3 compile and build them?

--
Zach Kessin
Twitter: @zkessin

Re: Including an Elixir Hex Dep in Erlang

Benoit Chesneau-2

On Thu, Nov 24, 2016 at 8:10 AM Zachary Kessin <[hidden email]> wrote:
I want to write a project in Erlang, but there are a few elixir packages that would make life simpler, Is there an easy way to have rebar3 compile and build them?

rebar3_elixir_compile does exactly that:

- benoît

Re: Including an Elixir Hex Dep in Erlang

Oliver Korpilla
Hello, Zach.

I hope you will not consider this off-topic, but we've also found that working in elixir's mix integrated perfectly for us. Erlang and elixir code live side by side according to their respective preferred directory names (include/src for Erlang and lib for elixir) and integrate just fine. We usually deploy with "mix build.escript" which generates an escript containing already the byte code of our application including the elixir distribution. In fact we deploy several such "standalone" applications built on the same OTP release installed in our target.

The integration is really seamless. Currently we're also preparing to roll out a port app written in C and this integrates nicely.

If you already have the intention of using some elixir then rolling out with mix can do the job just nicely. Several of our developers have also written mix tasks for facilitate this with good results.

- Oliver

Gesendet: Donnerstag, 24. November 2016 um 08:10 Uhr
Von: "Zachary Kessin" <[hidden email]>
An: "Erlang Questions" <[hidden email]>