Inets in R7B-3

Mickael Remond-2
Hello,

I encoutered problems with the new Inets version.
What I discovered is that the new directive:
MaxHeaderSize and MaxBodySize are mandatory in the new inets config
file.
Thus you need to change your old config file to put this two parameters.
If they happens to be set two small or to be missing in the config file
the requested URL will not be served by the Inets server.

Moreover, the message in the log file is malformed and appears as a
list, making the problem difficult to found.

Would it be possible to set the two parameters above with a conservative
default value if they are missing in the config file ?

Thank you for your help.

--
Micka?l R?mond

Inets in R7B-3

Miguel Barreiro Paz-2

Hi,

> I encoutered problems with the new Inets version.
> What I discovered is that the new directive:
> MaxHeaderSize and MaxBodySize are mandatory in the new inets config
> file.

        Well, it seems to work OK without them, but the default
MaxHeaderSize value is 256 bytes IIRC, so the default headers sent by
netscape for instance are far too long.

        I faced this same problem yesterday, after updating a machine to
R7B-3; netscape was unable to retrieve web pages, but links was.
Fortunately, tcpdump is your friend :)

> Would it be possible to set the two parameters above with a conservative
> default value if they are missing in the config file ?

        I second this.

Regards,

Miguel