Quantcast

Installing on cygwin

Giulio Petrucci
Hi there,

this is my first post in this mailing list so, first of all I'd like
to say hello to everyone reading here.
I'm trying playing with the ReverseHTTP project
(http://github.com/tonyg/reversehttp/) and I need to run a web server
written in Erlang but... I'm a totally newbie with this language! :-)

Under Linux (the OS I use mostly for personal stuff) I didn't have to
do anything special. Under Windows, which I use at work, I'm a little
bit in trouble. I'd like to install Erlang on my Cygwin installation.
I've just downloaded the source code... now what shall I do? I've
tried to get into the source directory and type "make" on my shell
but... nothing happened. :-) Could anyone help me?

Thanks in advance,
Giulio

Re: Installing on cygwin

Konstantin Chugalinskiy
Hi, Giulio!

First you must run configure script. Type ./configure ; make ; make install
and everything will be fine :-)
By the way, it is written in a file named "INSTALL.md".

2010/9/22 Giulio Petrucci <[hidden email]>

> Hi there,
>
> this is my first post in this mailing list so, first of all I'd like
> to say hello to everyone reading here.
> I'm trying playing with the ReverseHTTP project
> (http://github.com/tonyg/reversehttp/) and I need to run a web server
> written in Erlang but... I'm a totally newbie with this language! :-)
>
> Under Linux (the OS I use mostly for personal stuff) I didn't have to
> do anything special. Under Windows, which I use at work, I'm a little
> bit in trouble. I'd like to install Erlang on my Cygwin installation.
> I've just downloaded the source code... now what shall I do? I've
> tried to get into the source directory and type "make" on my shell
> but... nothing happened. :-) Could anyone help me?
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Giulio

with best regards,
Chugalinskiy Konstantin

Re: Installing on cygwin

Daniel Goertzen-3
This installation guide suggests that Erlang probably won't work on
cygwin...

http://www.erlang.org/doc/installation_guide/INSTALL-WIN32.html (see 4th
question in faq)

That said, I am happily using cygwin to invoke the native Windows version of
Erlang.  There's a bit of fussing to deal with Windows vs Unix paths, but it
hasn't been a huge deal so far.  (I am also having good luck using the
native Windows version of Emacs instead of cygwin emacs.)

Dan.
<http://www.erlang.org/doc/installation_guide/INSTALL-WIN32.html>

On Wed, Sep 22, 2010 at 11:11 AM, Giulio Petrucci <[hidden email]
> wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> this is my first post in this mailing list so, first of all I'd like
> to say hello to everyone reading here.
> I'm trying playing with the ReverseHTTP project
> (http://github.com/tonyg/reversehttp/) and I need to run a web server
> written in Erlang but... I'm a totally newbie with this language! :-)
>
> Under Linux (the OS I use mostly for personal stuff) I didn't have to
> do anything special. Under Windows, which I use at work, I'm a little
> bit in trouble. I'd like to install Erlang on my Cygwin installation.
> I've just downloaded the source code... now what shall I do? I've
> tried to get into the source directory and type "make" on my shell
> but... nothing happened. :-) Could anyone help me?
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Giulio

Daniel Goertzen
-----------------
[hidden email] (work)
[hidden email] (home)
1 204 272 6149 (home/office)
1 204 470 8360 (mobile)

Re: Installing on cygwin

Jaccob Smith
Sorry,I do as you wrote,but there is an error "$ make
Makefile:246: /home/Thinkpad/otp_src_R16A/make/i686-pc-cygwin/otp_ded.mk: No such file or directory
make: *** there are no rules to creat object“/home/Thinkpad/otp_src_R16A/make/i686-pc-cygwin/otp_ded.mk”。 stop。

Thank you!