Is there a mature xmpp cllient for erlang?

Is there a mature xmpp cllient for erlang?

devdoer bird
HI:

Is there a mature xmpp client for erlang?

I tried jabberlang(https://support.process-one.net/doc/display/CONTRIBS/Jabberlang),bug it failed to work with recent ejabberd because it use old ejabberd package's xml stream function .

I found  exmpp would replace  the jabberlang ,but I found  it nowhere.

So anyone can give a mature xmpp client?

Re: Is there a mature xmpp cllient for erlang?

Gleb Peregud
There's a natter - a XMPP client in Erlang by EngineYard. Haven't
tested it myself. It is still pre 1.0 version.

http://github.com/engineyard/natter/

--
Gleb Peregud
http://gleber.pl/

Every minute is to be grasped.
Time waits for nobody.
-- Inscription on a Zen Gong

Re: Is there a mature xmpp cllient for erlang?

Kirk Bateman-3
As far as I remember it was only a matter of grabbing the newer xmlstream code from an ejabberd source distro and rebuilding jabberlang using that. I think I had it working with 2.0.1

Hope that is partially helpful

Cheers

Kirk

On 2009-03-24, devdoer bird <[hidden email]> wrote:
> HI:
>
> Is there a mature xmpp client for erlang?
>
> I tried jabberlang(
> https://support.process-one.net/doc/display/CONTRIBS/Jabberlang),bug it
> failed to work with recent ejabberd because it use old ejabberd package's
> xml stream function .
>
> I found  exmpp would replace  the jabberlang ,but I found  it nowhere.
>
> So anyone can give a mature xmpp client?

--
Gleb Peregud
http://gleber.pl/

Every minute is to be grasped.
Time waits for nobody.
-- Inscription on a Zen Gong

Re: Is there a mature xmpp cllient for erlang?

Dietmar Schaefer-2
Hi !

I was looking for one too - and couldn't find one either !

Dietmar

Re: Is there a mature xmpp cllient for erlang?

Michael Ossareh
Definitely a few in the works that I know of.

A co-worker of mine is building one - I don't know if he intends to
opensource it. process-one have one (exmpp) that I understand their
close to releasing.

Good to hear people looking for this stuff, definitely sucks that the
landscape is so barren.

On Wed, Mar 25, 2009 at 12:05 PM, Dietmar Schaefer <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi !
>

> I was looking for one too - and couldn't find one either !
>
> Dietmar

god loves atheists, Fact: http://www.mrwiggleslovesyou.com/comics/rehab477.jpg

Re: Is there a mature xmpp cllient for erlang?

French, Mike

Yes, first mentioned in Dec 2006

http://erlang.org/pipermail/erlang-questions/2006-December/024324.html

should be real soon now :)

Mike

Thales UK Ltd (Wells) DISCLAIMER: The information contained in this e-mail
is confidential. It may also be legally privileged. It is intended only for
the stated addressee(s) and access to it by any other person is
unauthorised. If you are not an addressee, you must not disclose, copy,
circulate or in any other way use or rely on the information contained in
this e-mail. Such unauthorised use may be unlawful. We may monitor all
e-mail communications through our networks. If you have received this e-mail
in error, please inform us immediately on sender's telephone number above
and delete it and all copies from your system. We accept no responsibility
for changes to any e-mail which occur after it has been sent.  Attachments
to this e-mail may contain software viruses which could damage your system.
We therefore recommend you virus-check all attachments before opening.
Thales UK Ltd. Registered Office: 2 Dashwood Lang Road, The Bourne Business
Park, Addlestone, Weybridge, Surrey KT15 2NX Registered in England No.
868273

Re: Is there a mature xmpp cllient for erlang?

Kevin A. Smith-2
This is the primary reason why I started writing natter while I was at
Engine Yard. There's no good XMPP client library for Erlang ATM.

There's a lot of work still to be done -- natter doesn't have presence
support for example -- but I'm interested in collaborating with
interested folks to bring it up to speed.

--Kevin
On Mar 26, 2009, at 3:36 AM, French, Mike wrote:

> [...]

Bill Barnhill
Hadn't known about natter, will give it a try. The ones I've heard of are Exmpp (not avail yet), Stropherl (nice, but not usable yet), ezxmpp (Mine, also not usable yet but close [as is everyones ;)]), and Jabberlang.

=Bill.Barnhill