Is there a way to disable EPMD in Erlang releases?

Is there a way to disable EPMD in Erlang releases?

Vans S
Hello,
    I am currently compiling an Erlang release of a PoC app that is ending up being used on Win Mac and Linux.  Is there any way to tell the release to not include and/or not start EPMD?

The reason is the app does not use distributed erlang at all, and on windows it results in extra firewall exceptions being triggered. On linux it results in systemd thinking the process tree is alive
if EPMD was started by the release then the release dies/was stopped.

Re: Is there a way to disable EPMD in Erlang releases?

Dave Cottlehuber-5
On Thu, 28 Jun 2018, at 04:25, Vans S wrote:
> Hello,
>     I am currently compiling an Erlang release of a PoC app that is
> ending up being used on Win Mac and Linux.  Is there any way to tell the
> release to not include and/or not start EPMD?

Add this this to your vm.args

-start_epmd false

dave